This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Socal View Post
    Crew selection or take what you get....my old friend discovered the six fenders still deployed. Real newbies.
    Moral - Skipper has to check everything ........
    Okay, okay.... Iíll fess up. Binford is the ďold friend.Ē

In my defense, however, I am blessed with a very competent crew who takes care of all such things as lines and fenders without my needing to pay it any attention at all. Iím usually not crewing so I didnít have the routine down. Not at all! You couldnít imagine how big a sap I felt like when I realized the fenders were still out, well out of the harbor!

It was a great ride and my colleague/sort-of-boss had an absolute blast as well! Thanks again, Jim, for a wonderful afternoon!

Iím on my iPad right now, so Iíll post some pics once I get back on the laptop.
    -- Tim Taylor

1979 Glasply 21-foot I/O Overnighter w/ 5.0L Volvo-Penta duoprop (Cardinal)
    1982 Glasply 16-foot runabout w/ 50hp Mercury OB (JV Junior)
    1978 Glasply 19-1/2 foot runabout, project boat (Beer Goggles)

You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.

Comment

Count your blessings if you have a competent crew. I deleted names to protect the guilty! It was a terrific day, and I have a new CG inspection form for my records.
      The cruise liner QE2 moves only six inches for each gallon of diesel fuel that it burns.

1982 28' Long Cabin "Molly Brown" sweating through a long hot summer. Massive California forest fires fill our sky with smoke. SUP paddlers and kayakers transit the harbor with abandon, thinking they have the right of way over all boats.

Comment

This doesnít float.

Comment

Magnet/grapple time. Good Luck.
          The cruise liner QE2 moves only six inches for each gallon of diesel fuel that it burns.

1982 28' Long Cabin "Molly Brown" sweating through a long hot summer. Massive California forest fires fill our sky with smoke. SUP paddlers and kayakers transit the harbor with abandon, thinking they have the right of way over all boats.

Comment

Hmm, have to test the other one and see if itís magnetic enough. Good thought.

edit: nope... real stainless, not magnetic. I left a message with the divers all my neighbors use and cross fingers.
            Last edited by theremikegoes; 03-30-2019, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Huge thanks to T&C diving, my bracket was returned free of charge since Iím a current customer(was not expecting that). Iím going to call it a good luck charm, but tie a string to it until itís bolted down just in case...

Comment

"Naw, it isn't going to rain today!"

Comment

Originally posted by swilcox8113 View Post
                  "Naw, it isn't going to rain today!"
                  Canít help but ask.....
                  -- Tim Taylor

1979 Glasply 21-foot I/O Overnighter w/ 5.0L Volvo-Penta duoprop (Cardinal)
                  1982 Glasply 16-foot runabout w/ 50hp Mercury OB (JV Junior)
                  1978 Glasply 19-1/2 foot runabout, project boat (Beer Goggles)

You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.

Comment

Last post July 2019. Surely something happened last summer that you will admit to and post up. Don’t ask me how ...

Comment

We were dead in the water about 1/8 mile South end of Lopez Island in 4-5' seas.

Main engine had crapped out (distributor issue) so fired up the 9.9 Yami, ran fine til it didn't! Called Islander Restaurant we had just came from to get tow boat number as internet wasn't working. Owner said he would call a guy. Short time later a local came out and towed us into McKay Harbor. Took us to his place for dinner and adult beverages and played some pool. Took us to last Ferry. Uber was waiting at Anacortes and took us to truck and trailer. Came back next day to retrieve Boat.

Been friends since!

Oh when I call him his phone says "Dead Boat Ron"

Comment

Working...
                      X