X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Socal
    replied
    Water B. Sounds like a lot of trips to the launch ramp without much boating going on.

Leave a comment:

• Cummins12V98
    replied
    Originally posted by nova7163 View Post

I know you snapped a picture.
    I wish I had!

Leave a comment:

• Water Baby
    replied

Boat ramp scam alert!!

Two very sexy looking blonde girls come over to your truck while you are getting the boat out of the water.
    They both start cleaning your boat with sponge and soapy water, with their breasts almost falling out of their skimpy dresses! It is impossible not to look.

When you thank them and offer them a tip, they say no thanks and instead ask you for a ride to the 24 hour Racetrack a couple of miles down the road so they can get smokes and a cold drink. You agree and they get in the backseat.
    Then on the way, they pull their dresses down . Then one of them climbs over into the front seat and starts crawling all over you, while the other one steals your wallet.
    I had my wallet stolen January 4th, 9th,10th, twice on the 15th, 17th, 20th, and three times this morning!!

So tell your friends to be careful.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• nova7163
    replied
    Originally posted by Cummins12V98 View Post
    Last Summer at the Camano Island dock we were in line getting the boat ready with one guy in front of us also getting ready. Front guy unhooks from trailer, we were going WTF??? He backs down nest to this guy that just dropped his GradyWhite pulling out on the concrete/gravel ramp. Helper hooks a cable to his truck and pulls GW enough up onto trailer so they were able to hook cable and crank the rest of the way onto the trailer.

It was quite the sight!!!
    I know you snapped a picture.

Leave a comment:

• Cummins12V98
    replied
    Last Summer at the Camano Island dock we were in line getting the boat ready with one guy in front of us also getting ready. Front guy unhooks from trailer, we were going WTF??? He backs down nest to this guy that just dropped his GradyWhite pulling out on the concrete/gravel ramp. Helper hooks a cable to his truck and pulls GW enough up onto trailer so they were able to hook cable and crank the rest of the way onto the trailer.

It was quite the sight!!!

Leave a comment:

• Socal
    replied
    Great story Water Baby ............... keep 'em coming!

Leave a comment:

• Water Baby
    replied
    A few years back i was fishing off Vancouver Island and heading back to the boat launch for a successful day of fishing. (35 lbs Chinook a few Coho Salmon and a rock cod) The loading dock was a small single dock but a nice ramp, one of those pre-cast plank type ramps. When i got to the loading dock i seen that there was only one boat with two people ahead of me. Right on i thought to myself. I pulled up to the dock and let my buddy out and then just started doing circles in front waiting my turn. I looked up after about five circles and seen my buddy looking down at the dock shaking his head. Yup only one guy at the load out and he can't back up a trailer. I motion to my buddy to give them a hand as i must of made 30 circles now. Then i now hear what the real problem is they are piss drunk, and my buddy on the dock throws his hands up in the air to say i give up no helping these dudes. Finally I see the boat half crooked but at least on the trailer. Yup you guessed it they dropped the boat off the trailer onto the ramp. Lucky it was only a couple feet on the concrete and my buddy helped them get it back in the water. Holly crap man i'm going to run out of fuel what seemed like 500 circles by now. Finally i see the boat loaded and heading up the ramp. Next thing i know my buddy is yelling stop, stop, stop. 45 ft behind the boat and bouncing up the concrete ramp is a ten pound lead canon ball. I watch the truck turn the corner into the parking lot and the canon ball with the steel line wrap around a light pole and rip the down rigger right off the boat. The guys loaded up the stuff through it into the boat and peeled off. WOW can you believe that. Guess what not the end of the story. When leaving i see cop flashing lights at the main road. The boat came off the truck and across the street fell off a 2 ft retaining wall and smashed into a liqueur store.

Leave a comment:

• Cummins12V98
    replied
    We were dead in the water about 1/8 mile South end of Lopez Island in 4-5' seas.

Main engine had crapped out (distributor issue) so fired up the 9.9 Yami, ran fine til it didn't! Called Islander Restaurant we had just came from to get tow boat number as internet wasn't working. Owner said he would call a guy. Short time later a local came out and towed us into McKay Harbor. Took us to his place for dinner and adult beverages and played some pool. Took us to last Ferry. Uber was waiting at Anacortes and took us to truck and trailer. Came back next day to retrieve Boat.

Been friends since!

Oh when I call him his phone says "Dead Boat Ron"

Leave a comment:

• Socal
    replied
    Last post July 2019. Surely something happened last summer that you will admit to and post up. Don’t ask me how ...

Leave a comment:

• Binford
    replied
    Originally posted by swilcox8113 View Post
    "Naw, it isn't going to rain today!"
    Canít help but ask.....

Leave a comment:

• swilcox8113
    replied
    "Naw, it isn't going to rain today!"

Leave a comment:

• theremikegoes
    replied
    Huge thanks to T&C diving, my bracket was returned free of charge since Iím a current customer(was not expecting that). Iím going to call it a good luck charm, but tie a string to it until itís bolted down just in case...

Leave a comment:

• theremikegoes
    replied
    Hmm, have to test the other one and see if itís magnetic enough. Good thought.

edit: nope... real stainless, not magnetic. I left a message with the divers all my neighbors use and cross fingers.
    Last edited by theremikegoes; 03-30-2019, 07:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Socal
    replied
    Magnet/grapple time. Good Luck.

Leave a comment:

• theremikegoes
    replied
    This doesnít float.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X