Random Rant!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random Rant!

Went down to the boat today to try out that fancy new cleaner everyone is raving about and found out that someone gave the side of my boat some love.

All down the dock side at heights a few inches from the water all the way to just below the rub rail, probably 8+ marks from pin dings to 4" scratches, plus a missing dock rope (thankfully it was the mid line holding the boat "in" the slip). Thought maybe I'd missed it/maybe the rope somehow came loose, and scratches could have happened over time and then I looked closer and saw that several of them had smears of some kind of filler sloppily applied and were perfectly clean in the scratch. Not only that but my new dock lines are always excessively tied and no way could sprout legs. WHO DOES THAT?! COME ON!! Grr...

"Went down to the boat today to try out that fancy new cleaner everyone is raving about and found out that someone gave the side of my boat some love."

Sorry for recommending it!

Comment

Eh, I'm there at least weekly anyway, ha. Hey maybe that miracle stuff will fix the gelcoat scratches I was gifted!

It appears my neighbors' boat got abused as well. Our working theory is that someone moved our boats, but the marina office manager says it wasn't them and I'm sure she would tell me if she suspected otherwise.

Comment

I hate when that happens. I remember just getting the wife's car repainted came back out of the store and big door dent 1/2" deep. Was only one day old the new paint job. Burns my ......
        1980 Glasply 2400 Cuddy I/O, 2017 Cummins 4BT
        1975 Glasply 19.5' Cuddy Merc 488 190 hp
        1997 Campion 525 Open Bow Ski Merc 125 hp outboard
        14' Inflatable sailboat
        16' Colman Fastback canoe

Comment

Do they have any security cameras?
          1981 Hardtop Cuddy Alaskan Bulkhead Rebuild Thread
          1972 HT Cuddy-Rebuild Thread
          8' 650cc Kawasaki powered dinghy

Comment

Originally posted by Water Baby View Post
            I hate when that happens. I remember just getting the wife's car repainted came back out of the store and big door dent 1/2" deep. Was only one day old the new paint job. Burns my ......
            Thanks for commiserating, its just like that!

Nova, there are cameras at the entries only,I think they're intended to discourage thievery issues I heard about before we started mooring there(outboard motors/dinghys/etc). Even if someone acting suspicious was spotted there's not a lot to be done other than watch for them in the future. I've talked to a few people I know on the dock but no leads. Plus I'm way out on the end of the dock so not much traffic as far as boat owners walking by.

My wife found a facebook port orchard group where some teenagers enjoying someone's boathouse recently got trapped by the owner while the cops were en route! Maybe it was a similar deal on our boats.

We'll be adding a wifi security camera for future peace of mind.

Comment

Irresponsible jerks comes to mind.
              1978 Glasply 21ft 5.7l Mercruiser R drive "Sandi's Surprise"
              1981 Glasply 17ft 70hp Johnson & 9.8hp Nissan kicker "Skunked"

Comment

Mike,
                Good idea on adding the camera. I think I'm going to do the same thing. The Marina park seems to be a meeting point for a lot of tweekers...

Comment

Originally posted by wally View Post
                  Mike,
                  Good idea on adding the camera. I think I'm going to do the same thing. The Marina park seems to be a meeting point for a lot of tweekers...
                  Oddly enough I hadn't even thought of them. You're right though, there are a few groups of the same flavor people that like to hang out there. I would like to think they're harmless, but the number of times I've seen the police saying hi to them says otherwise.

Comment

Too bad you’re not safely moored at the Bremerton Yacht Club. Just sayin’....
                    -- Tim Taylor

1979 Glasply 21-foot I/O Overnighter w/ 5.0L Volvo-Penta duoprop (Cardinal)
                    1982 Glasply 16-foot runabout w/ 50hp Mercury OB (JV Junior)
                    1978 Glasply 19-1/2 foot runabout, project boat (Beer Goggles)

I wrote a song about a tortilla. Well actually, it’s more of a wrap.

Comment

Originally posted by Binford View Post
                      Too bad you’re not safely moored at the Bremerton Yacht Club. Just sayin’....
                      Or moored in a private slip in Sandy Point, 15 years there and never a problem.
                      "Joint Venture" 1978 midcabin 28', twin 2017 Vortec roller cam "bullet proof" 383/6.3L full roller 350hp engines - You name it, I've either replaced it, restored it, rebuilt it, repainted it or repaired it. That's my job now that I'm retired.

Comment

It’s private access via key card so I figured it would be pretty safe, but the marina is planning to deactivate old key cards so maybe they know there’s an issue.

Binford I wish it worked for us but Bremerton is just a pain traffic wise for how we use the boat. 7 minutes to the boat is tough to give up.
                        Last edited by theremikegoes; 05-21-2020, 08:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X