X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 28 gp hull tollycraft?

https://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/b...066838866.html

Hull looks familiar!

I agree with you Mike, 1976 was first year of 28 GP boats. I would tend to think the other way though, were Tollys hulls or molds used for GP 28´s?
    "Joint Venture" 1978 midcabin 28', twin 2017 Vortec roller cam "bullet proof" 383/6.3L full roller 350hp engines - You name it, I've either replaced it, restored it, rebuilt it, repainted it or repaired it. That's my job now that I'm retired.

Comment

Ha, good point Bill... that would make a lot of sense. Anyone seen other Tolly 28's with the same hull of different years?

Comment

Wow. Beautiful boat, guys, but $47 large with gas motors? I dunno . . .
        2013, 2014 & 2015 LD Award Recipient, and Unquestioned World Record Holder for Longest Tow to the Glasply Rendezvous, THREE years running

Comment

I recall reading on a couple Forums that Tolly sold the 28’ molds to GP and ceased production of their own 28’ line. Know anything about this Bill, is there any credence to it?
          1978 17' Runabout - AQ120B/270
          1978 23' Cuddy

Comment

Originally posted by Kaiser View Post
            I recall reading on a couple Forums that Tolly sold the 28’ molds to GP and ceased production of their own 28’ line. Know anything about this Bill, is there any credence to it?
            I heard this same rumor multiple times over the years. I ask Jerry Caldwell this very question in 2006 and he only said ḧe was ẗotally responsible for the design of the new GP28 and GP30 boats. He said he did not think the older GP28 hulls were designed inhouse, whatever that is worth. Keep in mind that when I pressed Jerry on whether he designed the new hulls and he clearly stated ¨No, I was responsible for those that did the actual design with my input¨.
            "Joint Venture" 1978 midcabin 28', twin 2017 Vortec roller cam "bullet proof" 383/6.3L full roller 350hp engines - You name it, I've either replaced it, restored it, rebuilt it, repainted it or repaired it. That's my job now that I'm retired.

Comment

Working...
            X