GP28 Swim Platform

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GP28 Swim Platform

Hoping someone may have a factory swim platform they need to get rid of from a 28.

Curiosity only, is there a reason you want a factory swim platform? Bill V I believe had a fantastic one modified or built new and if I were to replace mine, would not be with a factory style after I've used it for years...

Comment

I agree, Bill built his bigger and more bad ass. Time is a factor, as a slip is waiting and still have quite a few other issues to take care of before it goes in the drink.

Comment

I originally built mine 36 deep but with the installation of my dinghy davit system have reduced the depth to 30. My factory was 21 deep. I built mine from laminating 3/4 and 1/2 inch marine plywood, a layer of fiberglass cloth on both sides and then gelcoated it. Interesting side note, my factory was totally waterlogged and weighed more then my new larger one.
        "Joint Venture" 1978 midcabin 28', twin 2017 Vortec roller cam "bullet proof" 383/6.3L full roller 350hp engines - You name it, I've either replaced it, restored it, rebuilt it, repainted it or repaired it. That's my job now that I'm retired.

Comment

If you want a deeper one, build the brackets and attach them before you launch. You can custom build a platform later.
          The cruise liner QE2 moves only six inches for each gallon of diesel fuel that it burns.

1982 28' Long Cabin "Molly Brown" sweating through a long hot summer. Massive California forest fires fill our sky with smoke. SUP paddlers and kayakers transit the harbor with abandon, thinking they have the right of way over all boats.

Comment

Working...
          X