Winter kings in Homer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter kings in Homer

Four of us went to Homer for the winter King Derby, which was cancelled... of course the fish dont care and we had a great time regardless. Fishing was slow and still plenty of winter .. Brakes on the trailer took a crap on the way down, (600 miles one way), started snowing on the way back... fillet table is working out, boat ran beautifully.
    Attached Files
    1982 2580 "HI-BOY " IN 2 DEEP 5.7LX ALPHA

A few more pics, on Saturday it was snowing and foggy with a large swell running, and we left at O dark thutty...
    Attached Files

Comment

The picture with the boat in the shop all covered in snow. It looks so cold.
      1980 Glasply 2400 Cuddy I/O, 2017 Cummins 4BT
      1975 Glasply 19.5' Cuddy Merc 488 190 hp
      1997 Campion 525 Open Bow Ski Merc 125 hp outboard
      14' Inflatable sailboat
      16' Colman Fastback canoe

Comment

Had to leave it out the night we got back, it started snowing the last 20 minutes of the trip, fortunately we weren't driving in "hyperspace" for 12 hours. Temps not so bad for fairbanks, but it has been a cold & snowy winter.

Comment

Wow, always cool to see a GP getting used!! Fairbanks, LOL, Schmucked a moose 18 miles north of Fairbanks last September... luckily cosmetic damage only and one headlight.. not so much for the moose unfortunately...

Comment

VERY COOL!!! Thanks for the pics.

Comment

Originally posted by weigh2go View Post
              Wow, always cool to see a GP getting used!! Fairbanks, LOL, Schmucked a moose 18 miles north of Fairbanks last September... luckily cosmetic damage only and one headlight.. not so much for the moose unfortunately...
              Jeez, came to town and didnt even stop to say Hi.... ! LOL

Were you hunting or for work?

Comment

Originally posted by Akgramps View Post

Jeez, came to town and didnt even stop to say Hi.... ! LOL

Were you hunting or for work?
                Hunting. Had EVERY intention on looking you up, then part of my group got fubarred.. two of my guys that flew into Fairbanks (we drove from Anchorage) had their guns not make it of course... so, we were waiting for the next flights to arrive, hours later. Put us way behind... that Moose collision almost ended it all, fortunately only took out the right front of the truck and nothing vital...

Comment

Originally posted by weigh2go View Post

Hunting. Had EVERY intention on looking you up, then part of my group got fubarred.. two of my guys that flew into Fairbanks (we drove from Anchorage) had their guns not make it of course... so, we were waiting for the next flights to arrive, hours later. Put us way behind... that Moose collision almost ended it all, fortunately only took out the right front of the truck and nothing vital...
                  I planned to get in touch with you too last Sept. This forum started acting up around that time and I wasn't able to access my PM's to get your contact info. Sounds like you had your hands full anyway.
                  1986 Glasply 28' long cabin

Comment

Cool pics Gramps, nice fish. It's going to be a little while longer before the mountain of snow in front of my boat melts away. Looking forward to getting on the water for some shrimping.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	20200323_163234.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	314.5 KB
ID:	66522
                    1986 Glasply 28' long cabin

Comment

likely gone during Sep, I went on a looong riverboat ride, I finally made it back to a cabin I worked on 40 years ago. 600 mile trip. Drive to Circle, down the Yukon to Fort Yukon, then up the Porcupine to The Black river than east past Chalkystik, swap out the prop for the jet than east and up the Salmon Fork, almost to Canada. Not many white folks that way, the locals treated us like royalty, we had a great trip... Ate Pike and duck, some fresh moose loins we shared with the locals.... ran out of coffee, tobacco and alcohol and had to come home.....!

Anybody ever in the interior, please look me up...

Comment

Working...
                      X