No announcement yet.

Crab Splitter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for that. I was under the impression crab did not freeze very well.
    1978 17' Runabout - AQ120B/270
    1978 23' Cuddy

Comment

It's really good for Omelets etc. When you cook 20 crab it's hard to eat that much. I like having it year round. That pack is at least 7 months old.

Comment

We freeze our crab too. With fresh crab my wife makes decadent crab enchiladas.
        1978 Glasply 21ft 5.7l Mercruiser R drive "Sandi's Surprise"
        1981 Glasply 17ft 70hp Johnson & 9.8hp Nissan kicker "Skunked"

Comment

OK y'all I ended up grabbing a pc of 1/4" angle I had laying around and cut a 4x6 to length. Eased all the edges on the wood and steel. Gave it a squirt of Rust-Oleum .

Comment

Looks good. I like the bolted angle iron idea better than a single piece of bar stock. Top edge looks a little thick - as if it would crush rather than slice into the crab. But that could just be the picture angle
            1978 17' Runabout - AQ120B/270
            1978 23' Cuddy

Comment

Thank you!

As they say "it's good enough for who it's for"

It's a rounded edge like a normal pc of 1/4" mild steel would have. I don't really want to cut the Crab. I just want to bust them so I can tear them in 1/2.

Comment

Originally posted by Cummins12V98 View Post

They are only watery if they are soft shelled. Nice to have options!

The way I look at it is they are bottom feeders and I really don't want to add "STUFF" to my food.

I mean look at that "STUFF".

You'd starve in Hawaii, lol

Comment

Working...
                X