Glasply Carport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glasply Carport

Well I finally got a portable carport for my boat. I have waited since November for the installation, and they finally showed up today after canceling 3 times. Would have done it myself but installation was included in the price. Couldn't have come at a better time to help protect the top. I would've put it under my other dry area but I've got too much Crap! I have a Happy Boat now. Now I just have to add a couple lights and some plugs and I'm good to go.
    Boat=Bust out another thousand
    1973 19' Glasply HT 140 Mercruiser- procrastinating ongoing rebuild
    1985 2200 Glasply HT Marauder 5 L

VERY NICE!!!

Comment

I like that design. I have also been looking for a carport that is able to handle snow and is sturdy. I'm curious how big yours is and how much you paid? My area I live in is a bit harsher during the winter and the tarp I have on the boat now is not doing the job so hot.

Comment

I hate having to go out with my push broom to push-push-push against the inside roof of those Costco canopies to shake the snow off after ever few inches of accumulation. That’s got to be a HUGE deal to be able to park under that and not have to worry about snow or rain on the boat. Looks like they were a day late though, but looks like this snow thing isn’t quite over yet....

Port Orchard saw *maybe* a half inch, so far.
        -- Tim Taylor

1979 Glasply 21-foot I/O Overnighter w/ 5.0L Volvo-Penta duoprop (Cardinal)
        1982 Glasply 16-foot runabout w/ 50hp Mercury OB (JV Junior)
        1978 Glasply 19-1/2 foot runabout, project boat (Beer Goggles)

You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.

Comment

Whoa! Is that white stuff "snow?" So that's what it looks like! Must be a bit of a pain, what?
          2013, 2014 & 2015 LD Award Recipient, and Unquestioned World Record Holder for Longest Tow to the Glasply Rendezvous, THREE years running

Comment

It’s snow all right Mr. Smee, I’ve read about it in books.
            Socal
            The cruise liner QE2 moves only six inches for each gallon of diesel fuel that it burns.

1982 28' Long Cabin "Molly Brown" sweating through a long hot summer. Massive California forest fires fill our sky with smoke. SUP paddlers and kayakers transit the harbor with abandon, thinking they have the right of way over all boats.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainExpectant View Post
              I like that design. I have also been looking for a carport that is able to handle snow and is sturdy. I'm curious how big yours is and how much you paid? My area I live in is a bit harsher during the winter and the tarp I have on the boat now is not doing the job so hot.
              NW Custom Structures (NWCustomStructures.com) out of Oregon is who I got the quote from, and they sub out to Dreams Carports out of Utah. The size is 12' wide x 26"long x 10" on the height of side legs measuring 12'+ to the top center of the ridge. Pl enty of height for the boat and should be good when I get a radar setup like Binford's. I paid around $1875. Including installation. Might sound a little spendy but if I stick framed it and sided it and stained it with labor I probably have been into it more. Portable enough if I want to move it I could without too much hassle. I probably will enclose the ends with some white drop tarps and maybe add more metal on the sides when I get some more boat bucks! You can design any size you want which is really cool.
              Last edited by jbs; 01-14-2020, 06:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Binford View Post
                I hate having to go out with my push broom to push-push-push against the inside roof of those Costco canopies to shake the snow off after ever few inches of accumulation. That’s got to be a HUGE deal to be able to park under that and not have to worry about snow or rain on the boat. Looks like they were a day late though, but looks like this snow thing isn’t quite over yet....

Port Orchard saw *maybe* a half inch, so far.
                Yeah, Had to get the snow off the other Costco carports this morning so they dont collapse. Every year putting on new tarps is getting to be a pain so its welcome to have a solid metal carport. I have a way figured out how to put metal roofs one the Costco carports and will do that this spring.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Smee View Post
                  Whoa! Is that white stuff "snow?" So that's what it looks like! Must be a bit of a pain, what?
                  Yes, its a pain! We have gotten around 3-4" out here in Issaquah. Areas up North getting much more.

Comment

Working...
                  X