New member intro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member intro

Hey all, new member and new Glasply owner. I live in Salem, OR. I recently picked up a 19' cuddy that was in the process of being restored, changed from I/O to OB motor, and having the cabin enclosed in a hard top. Much of the work is done, with much more to do. Excited to get the family out on the salt a little bit.

Welcome aboard, you will find a lot of knowledge about the GP boats on this site as well as a friendly bunch of GP addicts.
    "Joint Venture" 1978 midcabin 28', twin 2017 Vortec roller cam "bullet proof" 383/6.3L full roller 350hp engines - You name it, I've either replaced it, restored it, rebuilt it, repainted it or repaired it. That's my job now that I'm retired.

Comment

Thanks Bill . That's exactly what I'm looking for.

Comment

Welcome fellow Oregonian! And to what Bill says, we're definitely GP addicts!

Comment

Welcome aboard gar.

Comment

Welcome fellow Oregonian indeed! I don't even own a GP yet and I'm already an addict! You have a nice-looking cuddy there. What year is your hull, and what outboard are you running?

Comment

Asertainman, sorry to not reply. Right after joining the site I could not access it for weeks and it fell off my radar!

This is a 1978 hull with glass stringers. It's taken a LOT of work to make it safe and sea worthy again . posts of demo and construction to come in another thread as time allows.

I have a 115 horse 2-stroke that will hang off an off shore bracket.

Comment

Gar,
                Glad you came back. Whatever you are planning to do to your GP, more than likely someone on the forum has already done it. This is a great resource with members willing to share their good (and bad) experiences.
                We are collecting Hull Identification Numbers (HIN's) for our GP registry. It will be stamped in the stainless rubrail or embossed in the fiberglass at the starboard side of the transom. Would appreciate it if you would post it. Make sure when you add your bracket you don't cover up this number. One of our members found his 23 chained and padlocked to the dock when his bracket covered the registration numbers.

Socal
                The cruise liner QE2 moves only six inches for each gallon of diesel fuel that it burns.

1982 28' Long Cabin "Molly Brown" sweating through a long hot summer. Massive California forest fires fill our sky with smoke. SUP paddlers and kayakers transit the harbor with abandon, thinking they have the right of way over all boats.

Comment

Welcome Gar, looking forward to see what you do to your 19.5 footer
                  1980 Glasply 2400 Cuddy I/O, 2017 Cummins 4BT
                  1975 Glasply 19.5' Cuddy Merc 488 190 hp
                  1997 Campion 525 Open Bow Ski Merc 125 hp outboard
                  14' Inflatable sailboat
                  16' Colman Fastback canoe

Comment

Working...
                  X