Hello from Seward AK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Seward AK

I just bought a glasply I want to say Cuddy hardtop? My husband and I have never owned anything bigger then a small river boat. It has a penta Volvo AQ131A and a 280 outboard. The engine was locked, starter frozen, zincs trashed, interior fairly shot, when we got it. Someone pulled out all the electronics and I think cut the plug part of the wire for gps off but left the wire. All sorts of wires to nowhere. Need to fix the messed up running light routing so itís running off the correct rocker. Horn doesnít work, On the positive, if accurate there was only 220 hours on the 131 and once I got it unfrozen sounded great.
    So I have unlocked the engine and replaced the starter and alternator belt, plugs, wires, oil filter, oil, zincs in route and putting the correct propeller on.
    Shop manual in route and I have an owners manual for a 145(is it the same as the 131?)
    Doing a few things and taking it out on the water a few times and then into a place where I can strip the interior and redo it. Fun sitting here thinking of colors Iím gonna redo it.
    Last edited by Astoddard78; 09-12-2019, 11:11 PM.

Sound like you are making progress and getting it running and on the water.

Comment

Sounds like you are having fun! That's a great outdrive! What length and year is your GP?

Comment

Nice find. A little TLC and some hard work and you'll have a great boat. A little teak oil on the door and woodwork will bring them back to life.
        Boat=Bust out another thousand
        1973 19' Glasply HT 140 Mercruiser- procrastinating ongoing rebuild
        1985 2200 Glasply HT Marauder 5 L

Comment

Originally posted by Cummins12V98 View Post
          Sounds like you are having fun! That's a great outdrive! What length and year is your GP?
          LOL well I guess I was so involved in running through everything I forgot the important stuff like that! It is the glasply 2100 it is 19íí and it is an 81.

Comment

I totally spaced on giving the HIN just guessing thatís a M GPL19301M82D-10. Does anyone have insight about my boat with this hull number?

Comment

GPL19301M82D indicates it is an 82 model, 19 foot and 301st boat built that year. Based on your pics it definitly is an 82.
              "Joint Venture" 1978 midcabin 28', twin 2017 Vortec roller cam "bullet proof" 383/6.3L full roller 350hp engines - You name it, I've either replaced it, restored it, rebuilt it or repaired it. That's my job now that I'm retired.

Comment

Welcome! Great little writeup/intro.

Comment

The -10 at the end of the HIN is meaningless. Furthermore, it often complicates registration or titling as it does not comply with the 12-digit HIN standard. If that becomes an issue for you when you are registering it, be sure to let the licensing agency know that the -10 is nothing more than a suffix. Not really part of the HIN itself.
                  -- Tim Taylor

1979 Glasply 21-foot I/O Overnighter w/ 5.0L Volvo-Penta duoprop (Cardinal)
                  1982 Glasply 16-foot runabout w/ 50hp Mercury OB (JV Junior)
                  1978 Glasply 19-1/2 foot runabout, project boat (Beer Goggles)

You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.

Comment

Working...
                  X