X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please add the Pescador 19.5 MMSI #338234237 in Northern California

Comment

Its my understanding that my standard horizon 2250 only receives not transmit AIS.

Comment

Grizz,
        i have a StdHorizon GX 2150. It’s wired into my Lowrance monitor. Contacts from transmitting AIS units show up on the monitor. The VHF radio does not transmit AIS signals.
        Google Standard Horizon and download an owner’s manual.
        . Socal
        The cruise liner QE2 moves only six inches for each gallon of diesel fuel that it burns.

1982 28' Long Cabin "Molly Brown" sweating through a long hot summer. Massive California forest fires fill our sky with smoke. SUP paddlers and kayakers transit the harbor with abandon, thinking they have the right of way over all boats.

Comment

316023763 for my 23' ... though typically it would be well out of reach of most here (west coast/nootka) for summer ... though in Vancouver for the time being ...

I have both DSC set up (over nmea0183) as well as AIS-B (over nmea2000).
          Last edited by aarinbc; 05-04-2019, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Okay, I have updated the list in the first post. A total of 14 now.

If any on the list with unnamed boats have a boat name, let me know and I'll update it.

Originally posted by Grizz View Post
            Its my understanding that my standard horizon 2250 only receives not transmit AIS.
            Grizz, AIS is a different feature from MMSI. Most of us here do not transmit AIS data, but anyone with a modern VHF radio (with the covered red button on the front labeled "DSC") can apply for a free MMSI number, which then must be entered into the radio. With that, others can enter your MMSI number into their radios and that will allow them to contact you by VHF ringing your radio directly.

Go check out the link to the PDF file in that first post of this thread and it will take you to a PowerPoint that explains all the MMSI features.
            -- Tim Taylor

1979 Glasply 21-foot I/O Overnighter w/ 5.0L Volvo-Penta duoprop (Cardinal)
            1982 Glasply 16-foot runabout w/ 50hp Mercury OB (JV Junior)
            1978 Glasply 19-1/2 foot runabout, project boat (Beer Goggles)

I wrote a song about a tortilla. Well actually, it’s more of a wrap.

Comment

Originally posted by noluck View Post
              316031227 for my 23' glasply
              this radio is now water baby's
              1980 2400 Cuddy I/O, 2017 Cummins 4BT coupled to a Volvo DP-SM with F9 Props, and a 2014 Mercury 15HP Pro-Kicker "LOOSE CHANGE"

Comment

Originally posted by noluck View Post

this radio is now water baby's
                Water Baby, did you update the MMSI registration online with your information? Free service if you weren't aware of that, or the need for updating it....
                -- Tim Taylor

Comment

Originally posted by Binford View Post

Water Baby, did you update the MMSI registration online with your information? Free service if you weren't aware of that, or the need for updating it....
                  in canada there is a little more too it
                  1980 2400 Cuddy I/O, 2017 Cummins 4BT coupled to a Volvo DP-SM with F9 Props, and a 2014 Mercury 15HP Pro-Kicker "LOOSE CHANGE"

Comment

I just got the MMSI # 316031227 registered in my name. It took a little longer to get done because the site was down and no-body is working in the office due to the Covid 19 virus. I was lucky enough to get a nice lady that was working from home to give me a hand. We had to complete everything by e-mail but i got it done.
                    1980 Glasply 2400 Cuddy I/O, 2017 Cummins 4BT
                    1975 Glasply 19.5' Cuddy Merc 488 190 hp
                    1997 Campion 525 Open Bow Ski Merc 125 hp outboard
                    14' Inflatable sailboat
                    16' Colman Fastback canoe

Comment

I will tell they don't waste anytime sending out the invoice for registering the MMSI number. Less than 2 minutes I had the invoice in my inbox.
                      14' Inflatable sailboat

Comment

Not a free service, eh? What did it cost to change over, if you don’t mind sharing....?
                        -- Tim Taylor

Comment

Originally posted by Binford View Post
                          Not a free service, eh? What did it cost to change over, if you don’t mind sharing....?
                          In Canada you have two options and you have to go through the Canadian government (Industry Canada) to obtain a new MMSI, transfer from a previous owner or make modifications or changes.

1. unlicensed Radio - Used only in Canadian Water
                          2. Ship Station Licensed Radio - Required by law if in USA water - Annual Fee of $36.79

They charged me 3.00 to change the MMSI over from Noluck's account. I'm not sure what they would charge for issuing a new MMSI or if you just wanted to make some changes because you upgraded some equipment or something. I'm guessing it is less than $30.00 and is a one time fee for unlicensed.

I know they don't check on the West Coast and I personally have never been asked. I think the real problem would be if you were unlicensed in US waters and made a distress call is where it could bite you in the ass. I registered as a Ship Station Licensed Radio as i plan on cruising the Great Lakes this year if the Virus will let me. I will be going back and forth across the state line many times and have been told by others they do check if your Radio is Licensed.

The list of MMSI numbers should now read

10. 316031227 Wild Rose (Call Sign CFA3217) 23 ft Cuddy/Hardtop Model 2400 ( Water Baby)

14' Inflatable sailboat

Comment

If you want to get the details on a Canadian boat use this link https://sd.ic.gc.ca/pls/engdoc_anon/...ch.Ship_Search to look up the MMSI number. Enter the MMSI # in the search field and click on search. Once it finds that MMSI number click on the MMSI number and that will open a drop down menu detailing that boats information. In the list of MMSI numbers on the sticky post I see two MMSI numbers starting with 316. Mine and (aarinbc) boat.
                            14' Inflatable sailboat

Comment

Working...
                            X