No announcement yet.

11' GlasPly Dinghy (Looking for info.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 11' GlasPly Dinghy (Looking for info.)

My family has an 11' GlasPly dinghy that we would like to know more about. We got this boat as a T/T our 37' Carver aft cabin in 2009. We no longer have the Carver but decided to keep the GlasPly because we thought it is something special! Unfortunately we don't know much about it. All I know is that it has a 1997 Merc. 15HP outboard. It has the forward/starboard steering console and throttle control. At one point we had all of the electronics working i.e. bow and stern lights and the bilge pump.
    This is an awesome little boat and I am wondering if anybody knows when these were made or any other information about it.

Thanks!

-Ryan

Click image for larger version

Name:	GlasPly.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	55918

Name:	GlasPly2.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	55919
    1996 10' GlasPly dinghy with a 1997 15HP Merc.

Wondering if anybody is interested in this boat.

If I had to take a guess I'd say it's a mid 90 to early 2000. Probably more like a 1996-1997 unless your family bought the 15hp. Built by Jerry Caldwell in Arlington wa. If it is a Caldwell built boat it built of some of the highest quality of that time. Also it would be all composite construction, no wood in the transom. As SoCal has mentioned the hin will give you year of mfg. look toward the bottom of the forum and you will find some brochures which include a few pictures of these dinghy's as well as one with Caldwell at the helm.

Comment

Most the Caldwell pictures will be found here http://www.glasply.org/vb4/album.php?albumid=10 not at the bottom of the forum.

Comment

jjc23,

Awesome! I hadn't seen those photos yet. Great shots and thanks for the link.
        Yeah from my experiences with our dinghy it is rock solid! The most solid boat for its size that I have ever piloted.
        The only down fall with these model is that you get very wet if there is any chop in the water. And I mean very wet.
        wonderful in flat water in the summer.

Comment

HIN for the dinghy is

GPO10011G696

Feel free to add it to the registry!

Comment

Good news/Bad news. It's a GlasPly/It's 10' long. 1996 model year, build sequence 11.
            Thanks for posting it.
            The cruise liner QE2 moves only six inches for each gallon of diesel fuel that it burns.

1982 28' Long Cabin "Molly Brown" sweating through a long hot summer. Massive California forest fires fill our sky with smoke. SUP paddlers and kayakers transit the harbor with abandon, thinking they have the right of way over all boats.

Comment

Your Glas-Ply dinghy

Originally posted by rmorgan3 View Post
              My family has an 11' GlasPly dinghy that we would like to know more about. We got this boat as a T/T our 37' Carver aft cabin in 2009. We no longer have the Carver but decided to keep the GlasPly because we thought it is something special! Unfortunately we don't know much about it. All I know is that it has a 1997 Merc. 15HP outboard. It has the forward/starboard steering console and throttle control. At one point we had all of the electronics working i.e. bow and stern lights and the bilge pump.
              This is an awesome little boat and I am wondering if anybody knows when these were made or any other information about it.

Thanks!

-Ryan

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5276[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5277[/ATTACH]
              Ryan,

Since I built your boat I would be happy to be of service to you on any information you want. Just give me a call as I prefer not to talk with a keyboard. (425) 645-0244

Jerry

Comment

Jerry,

i just want to thank you for building such amazing vessel's. my wife still does not understand when i am heading through rougher water i always say "i sure am glad i have a glasply" as we cut through the waves, Thank You!

Dave
                1980 2400 Cuddy I/O, 2017 Cummins 4BT coupled to a Volvo DP-SM with F9 Props, and a 2014 Mercury 15HP Pro-Kicker "LOOSE CHANGE"

Comment

Name:	IMG_0293.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	197.4 KB
ID:	53301 i really like this one
                  1980 2400 Cuddy I/O, 2017 Cummins 4BT coupled to a Volvo DP-SM with F9 Props, and a 2014 Mercury 15HP Pro-Kicker "LOOSE CHANGE"

Comment

Working...
                  X