2020 Rendezvous August 7th-9th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aw, ain't you sweet.
    2013, 2014 & 2015 LD Award Recipient, and Unquestioned World Record Holder for Longest Tow to the Glasply Rendezvous, THREE years running

Comment

I’m in for a shirt.. but I need size Fat! Also the Warden is
      in for Clam chowder cook off.. I think a cruise wold be fun
      with the Glasply’s.

Comment

I have been thru Deception Pass 3 times, after seeing how bad the currents can be I would not suggest going thru anytime except at slack tide. Your gonads got to be bigger then mine if you decide otherwise.
        "Joint Venture" 1978 midcabin 28', twin 2017 Vortec roller cam "bullet proof" 383/6.3L full roller 350hp engines - You name it, I've either replaced it, restored it, rebuilt it, repainted it or repaired it. That's my job now that I'm retired.

Comment

I went thru Canoe Pass Eastbound with tides running out faster than I thought they were. I started turning like usual but the Boat was not responding like usual, I cranked hard right while maintaining about 25mph and hooked up and shot thru. I told the guests after going thru I really should have stuck to Deception Pass. It was fun but an eye opener!

I take Deception no matter the tide no problem with the 23'. I just keep it at around 25mph.

I can see a 28' being a different animal.

Comment

Well, do we think the rendezvous is going to happen this year?
            1981 Hardtop Cuddy Alaskan Bulkhead Rebuild Thread
            1972 HT Cuddy-Rebuild Thread
            8' 650cc Kawasaki powered dinghy

Comment

We might have to get permission from Big Daddy Covid19 Inslee. Then we can practice social crabbing!
              Boat=Bust out another thousand
              1973 19' Glasply HT 140 Mercruiser- procrastinating ongoing rebuild
              1985 2200 Glasply HT Marauder 5 L

Comment

Isn't that considered "essential?" we'll be there!
                Just drove up to Everett from Oregon on Monday, boating related, and I swear there was just as much traffic as usual... but I did have the boating store to myself!!

Comment

Originally posted by weigh2go View Post
                  Just drove up to Everett from Oregon on Monday, boating related, and I swear there was just as much traffic as usual... but I did have the boating store to myself!!
                  What store did you go to?
                  1981 Hardtop Cuddy Alaskan Bulkhead Rebuild Thread
                  1972 HT Cuddy-Rebuild Thread
                  8' 650cc Kawasaki powered dinghy

Comment

Originally posted by weigh2go View Post
                    Consider yourself lucky, I went to LFS today and were closed until ¨Further notice¨, then I went to Worse Marine and they were open but had everything blocked off so you could not go past the cash registers. The guy standing there said that he would get whatever it was I needed. Told him I did not need it that badly and left.
                    Last edited by Bill V; 03-26-2020, 04:35 PM.
                    "Joint Venture" 1978 midcabin 28', twin 2017 Vortec roller cam "bullet proof" 383/6.3L full roller 350hp engines - You name it, I've either replaced it, restored it, rebuilt it, repainted it or repaired it. That's my job now that I'm retired.

Comment

Not lucky, called before making the 600 mile round trip. In fact, not only was the Marine center open (parts, sales, chandlery) nobody there. But the huge chandlery around the corner was open and only one car parked in front. But now that Wa taxes us Oregunians on parts, I purchase mainly online now. My guess is they're closed now or after Monday.

Comment

Like you Carl, I purchase 99% online due to high taxes, high prices, poor inventory choices and I am tired of hearing ¨I can order that for you and have it in a couple of days¨. Duh, I can order it too and not have to come back here to pick it up. They will deliver to my house too. Years ago when the government started taxing business on their inventory at years end I started to see inventory levels going down. Now the internet is killing small business and it will not be long before all of my parts will come in the mail.

Comment

"Now the internet is killing small business" and it will not be long before all of my parts will come in the mail.
                          LOL, I'll probably start a poop storm here, but I think it's the Gov't trying to kill small businesses (and doing a good job of it in Oregon) ... and those like you and I Bill, won't tolerate it so we find other avenues to buy our products (internet) and you know the Gov't would wet themselves trying to get control of the internet.. In fact, waiting on a couple orders from RockAuto..

Comment

"Well, do we think the rendezvous is going to happen this year?"

If things are not back to normal by then the world as we know it will no longer exist!

So I fully expect it to be "The Great GlasPly Survival Rendezvous"

Comment

Working...
                            X