X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cummins12V98
    replied
    "Well, do we think the rendezvous is going to happen this year?"

If things are not back to normal by then the world as we know it will no longer exist!

So I fully expect it to be "The Great GlasPly Survival Rendezvous"

Leave a comment:

• weigh2go
    replied
    "Now the internet is killing small business" and it will not be long before all of my parts will come in the mail.
    LOL, I'll probably start a poop storm here, but I think it's the Gov't trying to kill small businesses (and doing a good job of it in Oregon) ... and those like you and I Bill, won't tolerate it so we find other avenues to buy our products (internet) and you know the Gov't would wet themselves trying to get control of the internet.. In fact, waiting on a couple orders from RockAuto..

Leave a comment:

• Bill V
    replied
    Like you Carl, I purchase 99% online due to high taxes, high prices, poor inventory choices and I am tired of hearing ¨I can order that for you and have it in a couple of days¨. Duh, I can order it too and not have to come back here to pick it up. They will deliver to my house too. Years ago when the government started taxing business on their inventory at years end I started to see inventory levels going down. Now the internet is killing small business and it will not be long before all of my parts will come in the mail.

Leave a comment:

• weigh2go
    replied
    Not lucky, called before making the 600 mile round trip. In fact, not only was the Marine center open (parts, sales, chandlery) nobody there. But the huge chandlery around the corner was open and only one car parked in front. But now that Wa taxes us Oregunians on parts, I purchase mainly online now. My guess is they're closed now or after Monday.

Leave a comment:

• Bill V
    replied
    Originally posted by weigh2go View Post
    Isn't that considered "essential?" we'll be there!
    Just drove up to Everett from Oregon on Monday, boating related, and I swear there was just as much traffic as usual... but I did have the boating store to myself!!
    Consider yourself lucky, I went to LFS today and were closed until ¨Further notice¨, then I went to Worse Marine and they were open but had everything blocked off so you could not go past the cash registers. The guy standing there said that he would get whatever it was I needed. Told him I did not need it that badly and left.
    Last edited by Bill V; 03-26-2020, 04:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• nova7163
    replied
    Originally posted by weigh2go View Post
    Just drove up to Everett from Oregon on Monday, boating related, and I swear there was just as much traffic as usual... but I did have the boating store to myself!!
    What store did you go to?

Leave a comment:

• weigh2go
    replied

Leave a comment:

• jbs
    replied
    We might have to get permission from Big Daddy Covid19 Inslee. Then we can practice social crabbing!

Leave a comment:

• nova7163
    replied
    Well, do we think the rendezvous is going to happen this year?

Leave a comment:

• Cummins12V98
    replied
    I went thru Canoe Pass Eastbound with tides running out faster than I thought they were. I started turning like usual but the Boat was not responding like usual, I cranked hard right while maintaining about 25mph and hooked up and shot thru. I told the guests after going thru I really should have stuck to Deception Pass. It was fun but an eye opener!

I take Deception no matter the tide no problem with the 23'. I just keep it at around 25mph.

I can see a 28' being a different animal.

Leave a comment:

• Bill V
    replied
    I have been thru Deception Pass 3 times, after seeing how bad the currents can be I would not suggest going thru anytime except at slack tide. Your gonads got to be bigger then mine if you decide otherwise.

Leave a comment:

• BigDave66
    replied
    I’m in for a shirt.. but I need size Fat! Also the Warden is
    in for Clam chowder cook off.. I think a cruise wold be fun
    with the Glasply’s.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Smee
    replied
    Aw, ain't you sweet.

Leave a comment:

• Cummins12V98
    replied
    "I'm still bummed that I had to miss the Rendezvous last year"

Just so you know we all had about a one second moment of silence for you, and then we partied GP style!

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Smee
    replied
    Well alrighty then! Now that we're back on-line, I'm turning my thoughts to Anacortes in August. I'm still bummed that I had to miss the Rendezvous last year, and I'm determined to make it this time. Nova, please let me know what I can do to help with the gathering.

I love Anacortes and I love the Rendezvous, and I'm already looking forward to seeing everyone. Fair winds and calm seas to all!

All best,
    Mr. Smee

Leave a comment:

Working...
X