2020 Rendezvous August 7th-9th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 Rendezvous August 7th-9th

Just got the news from Tyson that we are locked in at Cap Sante next year for August 7th-9th. Hope to see everyone there.

I'd like to incorporate a few new things this year and wanted to see what everyone thinks. Let me know if you have any good ideas to add or take away.

1. People Choice Award

2. Biggest Crab Award

3. Free T-shirt with every registration

4. Have my wife and maybe JJC's on hand to make stickers and T-shirts while you wait.

1981 Hardtop Cuddy Alaskan Bulkhead Rebuild Thread
    1972 HT Cuddy-Rebuild Thread
    8' 650cc Kawasaki powered dinghy

Great news Nova & Tyson!
    We were throwing some idea's around for something fun for Saturday during the day, maybe a Chili cook off?? Cruise around Deception?
    Last edited by weigh2go; 09-07-2019, 05:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by weigh2go View Post
      Great news. We were throwing some idea's around for something fun for Saturday during the day, maybe a Chili cook off?? Cruise around Deception?
      I am thinking chili and/or clam chowder for a cookoff. Deception Pass might be doable but tides are not really good. It is a fun ride over to the docks at the park next to the pass though.
      "Joint Venture" 1978 midcabin 28', twin 2017 Vortec roller cam "bullet proof" 383/6.3L full roller 350hp engines - You name it, I've either replaced it, restored it, rebuilt it, repainted it or repaired it. That's my job now that I'm retired.

Comment

Originally posted by nova7163 View Post
        Just got the news from Tyson that we are locked in at Cap Sante next year for August 7th-9th. Hope to see everyone there.

I'd like to incorporate a few new things this year and wanted to see what everyone thinks. Let me know if you have any good ideas to add or take away.

1. People Choice Award

2. Biggest Crab Award

3. Free T-shirt with every registration

4. Have my wife and maybe JJC's on hand to make stickers and T-shirts while you wait.

1. People Choice Award (what is this for?)

2. Biggest Crab Award (Does a wife count?)
        "Joint Venture" 1978 midcabin 28', twin 2017 Vortec roller cam "bullet proof" 383/6.3L full roller 350hp engines - You name it, I've either replaced it, restored it, rebuilt it, repainted it or repaired it. That's my job now that I'm retired.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill V View Post

1. Best or cleanest boat voted on by the people who attend.

2. Could be but I don't think they will let us measure them. Biggest crab winner could get a new crab pot?

Comment

I am thinking chili and/or clam chowder for a cookoff. Deception Pass might be doable but tides are not really good. It is a fun ride over to the docks at the park next to the pass though.
            You know how bad it would smell around the dock after we did a chili cook off?

I agree on the cruise just don't know if we can get a decent amount of participation. Probably have to keep it close.

Comment

running the loop was alot of fun
              1980 2400 Cuddy I/O, 2017 Cummins 4BT coupled to a Volvo DP-SM with F9 Props, and a 2014 Mercury 15HP Pro-Kicker "LOOSE CHANGE"

Comment

I bought a couple of the "T" shirts last year. REALLY like them BUT....I am NOT a fan of iron on because it starts coming loose. I would be happy to pay $25 for a quality "T" shirt with silk screen.

I think the LaConner/Deception Pass run would be great. Canoe Pass for the more daring.

Comment

Originally posted by Cummins12V98 View Post
                  I bought a couple of the "T" shirts last year. REALLY like them BUT....I am NOT a fan of iron on because it starts coming loose. I would be happy to pay $25 for a quality "T" shirt with silk screen.

I think the LaConner/Deception Pass run would be great. Canoe Pass for the more daring.
                  We would have to come up with a design and get a quote. I know someone that silk screens them for my kids school.

Comment

We would have to come up with a design and get a quote. I know someone that silk screens them for my kids school.
                    I like the shirts just the way they are with the GP logo. I just want a shirt that I love to wear stay looking nice. Longsleeve would be another option.

Comment

Originally posted by Cummins12V98 View Post

I like the shirts just the way they are with the GP logo. I just want a shirt that I love to wear stay looking nice. Longsleeve would be another option.
                      I love long sleeve shirts, especially out on the water where temps can be lower then on shore areas.

Comment

Bill, you better be careful who you call crabby, or you're wife won't make that wonderful peach pie.
                        Boat=Bust out another thousand
                        1973 19' Glasply HT 140 Mercruiser- procrastinating ongoing rebuild
                        1985 2200 Glasply HT Marauder 5 L

Comment

Stickers and T-shirts while you wait? Sounds like custom-orders. Can you elaborate?
                          -- Tim Taylor

1979 Glasply 21-foot I/O Overnighter w/ 5.0L Volvo-Penta duoprop (Cardinal)
                          1982 Glasply 16-foot runabout w/ 50hp Mercury OB (JV Junior)
                          1978 Glasply 19-1/2 foot runabout, project boat (Beer Goggles)

I wrote a song about a tortilla. Well actually, it’s more of a wrap.

Comment

Well alrighty then! Now that we're back on-line, I'm turning my thoughts to Anacortes in August. I'm still bummed that I had to miss the Rendezvous last year, and I'm determined to make it this time. Nova, please let me know what I can do to help with the gathering.

I love Anacortes and I love the Rendezvous, and I'm already looking forward to seeing everyone. Fair winds and calm seas to all!

All best,
                            Mr. Smee
                            2013, 2014 & 2015 LD Award Recipient, and Unquestioned World Record Holder for Longest Tow to the Glasply Rendezvous, THREE years running

Comment

"I'm still bummed that I had to miss the Rendezvous last year"

Just so you know we all had about a one second moment of silence for you, and then we partied GP style!

Comment

Working...
                              X