Registrations to date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Registrations to date

Okay, as of today we have only 12 registrations.

Who is out there who plans on attending, but has yet to send in a check or PayPal? I will need to report to Cap Sante next week with the number of slips we need, plus I have to plan for the meals, so I really need a solid number by early next week.

Hopefully we can drum up more than a dozen.

Appella, aren't you coming? And kf7gth & Sailorman?

And where are all the Canadians? I only have a couple on the list. That was one of the reasons for holding it in Anacortes.

The attendees' last names that I have on my list are as follows:

Taylor
    Rhodes
    Schmidt
    Ahner
    Jackson
    Dolanski
    Elliott
    Fusselman
    Kaul
    Hopkins
    Stoeser
    deMinns

If you have registered, but don't see your name on that list, please let me know. I've kept good records, but that doesn't mean one couldn't have slipped through. Anyway, we'll get it taken care of.
    -- Tim Taylor

1979 Glasply 21-foot I/O Overnighter w/ 5.0L Volvo-Penta duoprop (Cardinal)
    1982 Glasply 16-foot runabout w/ 50hp Mercury OB (JV Junior)
    1978 Glasply 19-1/2 foot runabout, project boat (Beer Goggles)

You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.

I plan to be there but I'm not bringing my boat.
    It's bin in the shop all month and I don't know when it will be done

Comment

Not bringing a boat is no problem at all, and if it hasn't been mentioned before, it should be stressed now: Anyone with an interest in Glasplys is welcome to attend the Rendezvous, with or without a boat of any brand!

If you do not bring a boat, you do not have to worry about slip rental, but if you would like to attend the Saturday evening festivities (dinner & raffle especially) then you are asked to please register. Your $30 (per family) covers the meal and dash plaques and some of the raffle items. For the dinner, we ask that you bring a side dish or dessert and for the raffle we ask that you bring an item to donate to the raffle table (like a dock line, fenders, crab trap, canned air horn, a life jacket, anything marine related).

Those who do register, please let me know if you're bringing a boat or not, and if so, what it's length is.

Thanks, guys!
      -- Tim Taylor

You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.

Comment

Would love to attend but my granddaughter's wedding in Missouri is that weekend and I don't think her or my daughter would understand very well if I missed the wedding. I will be there next year to show off my new engines and fuel tanks.
        "Joint Venture" 1978 midcabin 28', twin 2017 Vortec roller cam "bullet proof" 383/6.3L full roller 350hp engines - You name it, I've either replaced it, restored it, rebuilt it, repainted it or repaired it. That's my job now that I'm retired.

Comment

Ever been in Missouri in August?
          Last edited by Socal; 07-23-2016, 09:29 PM.
          The cruise liner QE2 moves only six inches for each gallon of diesel fuel that it burns.

1982 28' Long Cabin "Molly Brown" sweating through a long hot summer. Massive California forest fires fill our sky with smoke. SUP paddlers and kayakers transit the harbor with abandon, thinking they have the right of way over all boats.

Comment

Originally posted by Socal View Post
            Ever been in Missouri in August?
            Yep, and it's miserable. HIGH humidity and temps.
            "Joint Venture" 1978 midcabin 28', twin 2017 Vortec roller cam "bullet proof" 383/6.3L full roller 350hp engines - You name it, I've either replaced it, restored it, rebuilt it, repainted it or repaired it. That's my job now that I'm retired.

Comment

Here are the slip assignments

The list hasn't changed since last week and the names have been submitted for moorage at Cap Sante. I have the two 28s attending in their own slips on the 46-foot side. The rest are on the 66-foot side with two boats per finger pier. Here are the assignments:

Taylor C-23
              Rhodes C-30
              Schmidt C-21
              Ahner C-23
              Jackson (boatless in Seattle)
              Dolanski C-23
              Elliott C-19 (note this is different from what the marina assigned you)
              Fusselman C-19
              Kaul C-32
              Hopkins C-17
              Stoeser C-17
              deMinns C-28 (it's on the 46-foot side, but didn't have a pair for you)

I spoke with Chickenfarmer today and he said he is planning to come without a boat. That was news to me! Jasonfast, you still planning to come? Any others I don't know about? (It's getting down to purchasing the food now, so it helps to know how many are coming!)
              -- Tim Taylor

Comment

Ya I'm coming. Boat or no boat. I'll be there.

Comment

If Jasonfast is coming, I am too. Only with a 'Virtual Boat' to give Mr. Smee fits.
                  The cruise liner QE2 moves only six inches for each gallon of diesel fuel that it burns.

1982 28' Long Cabin "Molly Brown" sweating through a long hot summer. Massive California forest fires fill our sky with smoke. SUP paddlers and kayakers transit the harbor with abandon, thinking they have the right of way over all boats.

Comment

Sounds like there will be a virtual flotilla. The party barge can be our slip assignment!
                    2013, 2014 & 2015 LD Award Recipient, and Unquestioned World Record Holder for Longest Tow to the Glasply Rendezvous, THREE years running

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Smee View Post
                      The party barge can be our slip assignment!
                      C-27 it is then!

Jason, I'll have you and deMinns in C-15 (if it's still available). Plan on tying up there anyway.
                      -- Tim Taylor

Comment

Perfect. Thanks.

Ha I feel bad that there won't be a supercharger on the motor when I'm there. And the exhaust won't be done. You guys will just have to make due with pictures when I complete it. But then again there is always next year.

Comment

unfortunately our boat needs a few things before we can get it on the water(lights, bilge, wipers). We are planning on attending next year guaranteed!

Comment

You are still welcome to come without a boat, of course! There should be rooms available at the Cap Sante Inn. See the Rendezvous flyer for details and hotel contact information.
                            -- Tim Taylor

Comment

Is three boats in C23 correct?

Comment

Working...
                              X