Rendezvous 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rendezvous 2016

For those of you who attended this years rendezvous, thank you for a great time. I look forward to many more and it was great to meet all of you.
    jbs
    Boat=Bust out another thousand
    1973 19' Glasply HT 140 Mercruiser- procrastinating ongoing rebuild
    1985 2200 Glasply HT Marauder 5 L

I also had a good time. Even without a boat I got to drive the drunk people's boats!
    1981 Hardtop Cuddy Alaskan Bulkhead Rebuild Thread
    1972 HT Cuddy-Rebuild Thread
    8' 650cc Kawasaki powered dinghy

Comment

I had a great time as well. Even when Joel was driving my boat.....
      I stayed up all night to see where the sun went. Then it dawned on me....

Comment

Enjoyed the Rendezvous from afar. Mostly through text from kf7gth. Sounds like the crabbing was good up on the backside of Guemes Island.

Comment

Crabbing was terrific (by my standards, at least), and the company was even better. We have a bunch of good folks, folks.
          2013, 2014 & 2015 LD Award Recipient, and Unquestioned World Record Holder for Longest Tow to the Glasply Rendezvous, THREE years running

Comment

Pics? You guys are killing me! Who is hosting next year? Catalina or Delta?

Comment

You haven't heard? You were voted as next year's host. Looking forward to the Utah event!
              -- Tim Taylor

1979 Glasply 21-foot I/O Overnighter w/ 5.0L Volvo-Penta duoprop (Cardinal)
              1982 Glasply 16-foot runabout w/ 50hp Mercury OB (JV Junior)
              1978 Glasply 19-1/2 foot runabout, project boat (Beer Goggles)

You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.

Comment

Can you sign up now for event mooring on the Great Salt Lake?
                The cruise liner QE2 moves only six inches for each gallon of diesel fuel that it burns.

1982 28' Long Cabin "Molly Brown" sweating through a long hot summer. Massive California forest fires fill our sky with smoke. SUP paddlers and kayakers transit the harbor with abandon, thinking they have the right of way over all boats.

Comment

Thank you to all the people who made the Rendezvous a fun event. Tom and I enjoyed meeting the Glasply community. We look forward to next year!
                  Cathy and Tom Elliott
                  19-1/2 foot Glasply cuddy - Phoenix

Comment

Originally posted by Binford View Post
                    You haven't heard? You were voted as next year's host. Looking forward to the Utah event!
                    Bear Lake Utah it is! Might make the long distance award hard to judge though.
                    Plenty of available slips in the Great Salt Lake, if you don't mind the dock resting on the bottom, or all the dead brine shrimp and the smell that they emit.

Comment

Well, we need to make a list, and then a vote on where 2017 rendezvous will be held. So far I heard people say,

Anacortes
                      Poulsbo
                      Utah
                      California

Comment

Originally posted by jbs View Post
                        Well, we need to make a list, and then a vote on where 2017 rendezvous will be held. So far I heard people say,

Anacortes
                        Poulsbo
                        Utah
                        California
                        Edmonds was brought up as a possible destination several times as well. I hear they are lacking in group facilities though, but it deserves looking in to.

It was great seeing everyone again, and meeting several new attendees! Special thanks to Mr. Smee (David Jackson) for once again hosting the Mixology Competition and for his generous donation of the trophy! Also special thanks also need to go to Aaron Johnson (kf7gth) for his skills as grillmaster again this year! And for shuttling several of us out to the crab pot fields. It was great to see Jim Carlson (Socal) join us again this year! As usual, he took many pictures which I hope will find their way to the forum here! Brent (JBS) was our coffee king, making sure we were all hyped up in the mornings! Thanks also to Carl (Weigh2Go) for handling all the e-mail correspondence. And thanks also to all the rest of you who helped in many ways make this gathering a success.

Jennifer said I could not volunteer to organize again next year. As some of you may have picked up on, I am pretty single-task oriented! Get me more than one thing to give my attention to and I fall apart! Heh, heh, heh.... Consequently, Jennifer ends up handling much of what I'm supposed to do, with planning, meal prep, etc. She took it on herself to query me on the numbers of attendees (a detail I did not attend to very well) and help figure out how much food to get (which she did with no shortages and very little leftovers!) and got the chicken marinated and coordinated with Aaron on the cooking times, etc. It's no wonder she won't let me step up again next year!

That said, Julie approached me with the suggestion that we make the Saturday evening meal a potluck, so no one person has to worry about the main entree. If Julie is willing to help with the Saturday evening potluck organization, I could work with her on a sign-up sheet of some sort for that.

Since I have been talking with Jennifer about that potluck meal concept, she seems to have warmed to the idea of helping coordinate next year's event too. (I don't dare come out and actually ask her though! Yes, I was born in the morning, but it wasn't this morning!) She also helped me identify several areas that need better organization, so maybe I will actually get to learn from my mistakes and make 2017 the best Rendezvous ever!

Though if anyone would like to take on the organizing for next year, by all means say so and the baton is yours!
                        -- Tim Taylor

1979 Glasply 21-foot I/O Overnighter w/ 5.0L Volvo-Penta duoprop (Cardinal)
                        1982 Glasply 16-foot runabout w/ 50hp Mercury OB (JV Junior)
                        1978 Glasply 19-1/2 foot runabout, project boat (Beer Goggles)

You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.

Comment

You did an awesome job running the show Tim. I'd like to host one or co host once my home life calms down a little.

It's pretty hard to beat Anacortes. The group facility is awesome with tables, chairs and BBQ. Crabbing is good. Safeway is within walking distance. Good food in town. San Juan islands are close if you plan on staying longer.
                          1981 Hardtop Cuddy Alaskan Bulkhead Rebuild Thread
                          1972 HT Cuddy-Rebuild Thread
                          8' 650cc Kawasaki powered dinghy

Comment

I must say I agree with you Nova, The other thing too is that Anacortes makes it more accessible to our Canadian friends as well.

Comment

I would volunteer to handle the whole meal plan and preparation next year if it's in Anacortes again....
                              I stayed up all night to see where the sun went. Then it dawned on me....

Comment

Working...
                              X