Clear All

• Side void drain holes by Shock5150

Recovered Thread: Side void drain holes by Shock5150 on 02-27-2011

Regards,

Archiver

02-27-2011 #1
    Shock5150

Side void drain holes

A few months ago i was moving around in the boat and heard water sloshing around in the rear starboard void. wondering why the heck there was standing water in there i installed a couple watertight inspection hatches and sure enough there was water up to the deck. today i was looking and there is a hole that runs to the bilge but it is filled with foam. is this normal or what? there doesn't appear to be any modification to the deck, so is this a factory deal, the hole void is not foam, just back by the drain.

02-27-2011 #2
    jjc23

sounds like you have foam filled stringers. what year is your boat? if it 79 or newer then thats my best guess. you should be able to drill through the foam with no problem to make it drain. shoot some pictures if this doesnt make sence, maybe im not understanding whats going on.

02-27-2011 #3
    Shock5150

it's a 1978 19 ft cutty. there is only a little bit of foam at the back of the void not the void. oh wait your saying the stringers are foam filled. now i'd assume if they are foam filled obviously they are not wood. i planned on drilling it out, i was just curious if anybody knew anything about it.

02-27-2011 #4
    jjc23

it is very possible they are foam filled. the only other thing on them thats foam filled for most years is a box on the sides where the side panels mount and it could be over spill from the factory
Working...
X