Vibration while running

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vibration while running

I had my new boat out for the first time. It is a 1985 19' glasply runabout. The outboard is a 2007 Evinrude e-tec. The prop is a 3 blade stainless, not sure of the pitch. There was vibration up to 4000 rpm, then it seemed to subside. Not bad vibration but enough to make me wonder what was causing it. My guess is the prop but was wondering if anyone else has had this problem. Any thoughts on what might be causing it and why? Thanks.

John

The former owner reported in his write up about your boat that he had the boat out and "Boat runs out good with a 47mph top". Seems if there had been vibration that he would have noticed it then, I suspect you have a damaged prop or it was changed since it was out last time.
    "Joint Venture" 1978 midcabin 28', twin 2017 Vortec roller cam "bullet proof" 383/6.3L full roller 350hp engines - You name it, I've either replaced it, restored it, rebuilt it, repainted it or repaired it. That's my job now that I'm retired.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Same prop he had and no visible damage to it. I will bring my fishing bud out next time and see if he notices it and can figure it out. I read all of the posts by 18ftTrophy.

Comment

Working...
      X