No announcement yet.

81 28' Long Cabin work in progress

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by weigh2go View Post

Buddy, speed doesn't really impress my wife, but your interior work did and the look I received after she seen what you did with your interior....
    that will cost ya!
    1980 2400 Cuddy I/O, 2017 Cummins 4BT coupled to a Volvo DP-SM with F9 Props, and a 2014 Mercury 15HP Pro-Kicker "LOOSE CHANGE"

Comment

• Originally posted by jjc23 View Post
      A pair of Suzuki 350hp with twin props and you might get the fastest 28, worth a shot. Looks good I like how clean the install is as you mentioned.
      I nominate the guy with the lightest 28 on the forum that has a real transom, he would be the fastest 28 possible with that setup!

Comment

• Originally posted by weigh2go View Post

Buddy, speed doesn't really impress my wife, but your interior work did and the look I received after she seen what you did with your interior....
        Tell you what I'll do for you since I'm such a nice guy, I'll trade you boats straight across and start over with the interior. No take backs when I'm done though!

Comment

• Carl, i think you stepped in something
          1980 2400 Cuddy I/O, 2017 Cummins 4BT coupled to a Volvo DP-SM with F9 Props, and a 2014 Mercury 15HP Pro-Kicker "LOOSE CHANGE"

Comment

• Committed, big hole!

Comment

• Iíll bet youíre gonna love that, Mike!
              -- Tim Taylor

1979 Glasply 21-foot I/O Overnighter w/ 5.0L Volvo-Penta duoprop (Cardinal)
              1982 Glasply 16-foot runabout w/ 50hp Mercury OB (JV Junior)
              1978 Glasply 19-1/2 foot runabout, project boat (Beer Goggles)

You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.

Comment

• Took a stiff drink before clicking “buy”. I made fresh water cooling riser block offs out of aluminum previously-if I had made full gaskets it would have been fine... but I didn’t. So the blockoffs made great anodes! Caught it when one dripped on the outside and yanked it all off before it leaked into the engine.

So... dry joint 6” risers(they juuust fit) and above water exhaust is in progress. Just have to drill the holes for transom mufflers and install. Also broke a cheap Sierra fuel filter moving it, so a pair of racors are on the way.

Comment

• looks pretty fancy Mike!

Comment

• It’s actually quieter at idle in the boat. No more rumble/vibration from the underwater exhaust.

Comment

• Sounds Great! Nice work.
                      Glas-Hawk
                      Current Fleet - 1978 VIP w/4.3 V6 Merc (Glas-Hawk)
                      1976 28ft w/twin Yanmars - Kaulquappe
                      1980 181 Runabout w/470 Mercruiser

Previous Affairs
                      1977 17 w/115 Merc Tower of Power
                      1980 2100SL w/470 Merc
                      1977 2100SL w/470 Merc
                      1979 18'6" "Donzi-Ply" w/470 Merc http://www.glasply.org/vb4/core/images/smilies/cool.png
                      1980 8'6" Dinghy w/2 OP (oar power)
                      2002 10ft w/15hp Mer 4 stroke

Comment

Working...
                      X