Dinette remodel/auto pilot install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mike, this is what I bought.

Simrad AP44 Autopilot controller: Rotary dial course adjuster, optically bonded 4.1-inch color display $599.00

Simrad NAC-2 Autopilot Core Pack: Comprising of the high-current NAC-2 autopilot computer, Precision-9 compass and RF-25 rudder feedback unit Ideal for smaller vessels, designed to run small hydraulic drives and mechanical drives for vessels up to 10 meters (33 feet) in length. $1,499.00

HRP11-12 Medium Duty Hydraulic Reversing Pump Unit (1.0 cu.in. per sec.) $600.00

I am also connecting my Lowrance chart plotter network to the auto pilot network so that the auto pilot can have a GPS input and determine speed from the GPS sensors for the chart plotters. I need this for better tuning of the auto pilot in slow cruise, mid cruise and high cruise. Presently I have to change settings when I go from 10mph to 25mph or the boat will not run true and wanders badly at high speeds. If I tune for high speed then it is slow to correct at slow speeds.
    Last edited by Bill V; 03-13-2020, 02:24 PM.
    "Joint Venture" 1978 midcabin 28', twin 2017 Vortec roller cam "bullet proof" 383/6.3L full roller 350hp engines - You name it, I've either replaced it, restored it, rebuilt it, repainted it or repaired it. That's my job now that I'm retired.

Comment

So it is a type 1 pump still, just a better one than the overpriced rpu-80/simrad one. Thanks for the info Bill.

I found out my Lowrance Carbon wont control the nac-2(only the nac-1 that has less features/less robust), so I'll need a Simrad NSS MFD or the AP-44 like you. I'm kicking myself... I was on the fence between lowrance carbon and a Simrad NSS gen 2 and I picked the lowrance 2 years ago!

Comment

Working...
      X