Disk Brake Conversion YEA BABY!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disk Brake Conversion YEA BABY!!!

Finally got the job done! All new 3,750# Dexter axles, 6 year 100k hubs, disk brakes, rotors, HydraStar 1600psi Marine EOH actuator and 2 5/16' Titan ball coupler. Also battery backup breakaway system.

Nice to dry off pads before hitting the road giving good braking right away.

I spent around $3,500, yep a lot but well worth it as a similar new KING Trailer would have been over 7k. My trailer is in great condition with new plastic bunk system along with new LED's and wiring. My fenders are Replacement from old cracked ones. New are plastic and these are rock solid with center brace added.

looking good, i have electric drum on my trailer
    1980 2400 Cuddy I/O, 2017 Cummins 4BT coupled to a Volvo DP-SM with F9 Props, and a 2014 Mercury 15HP Pro-Kicker "LOOSE CHANGE"

Comment

Thanks!

I washed out my drums every time but they corroded to where the adjusters would not move

Comment

That looks awesome!! Did you stay with the same size wheel/tire?

Comment

Originally posted by weigh2go View Post
          That looks awesome!! Did you stay with the same size wheel/tire?

Yes they are the same 14" wheels. I installed GY ENDURANCE Tires two years ago. 215/75R14 "D"

Comment

EOH is on my list for upgrades in the near future. I'm piecing together the disk brake setup right now.
            1981 Hardtop Cuddy Alaskan Bulkhead Rebuild Thread
            1972 HT Cuddy-Rebuild Thread
            8' 650cc Kawasaki powered dinghy

Comment

Originally posted by Cummins12V98 View Post

Yes they are the same 14" wheels. I installed GY ENDURANCE Tires two years ago. 215/75R14 "D"

What I really like is that company puts the air pressure in BIG Letters!! P.M.O every time I look on my tires for the recommended tire pressure(because I can never remember) and I have to look for my reading glasses because the tire companies put that information in small print somewhere on the tires...

Comment

Based on my weight using the weight/inflation chart plus 5psi per GY I am running 50psi with perfect tread wear. They are a "D" tire and "C" was stock. Dould have ran "C" at MAX inflation of 50psi but figured go bigger!

Another bonus is these tires have I think a 87mph rating. I tow at 70 when speed limit allows. I do understand WA law is 60 MAX towing no matter what you are towing.

Comment

Report after a few hundred miles on the upgrade. All I can say is it's AWESOME!!! Worth every $$$.

When backing down the ramp without the boat the trailer starts to hop a bit with the brakes coming on. So I turn off the boost when unloaded then pump it back up as soon as trailer hits the water.

I added a few anti slip 3M strips.

Complete axles with zerks on spring ends $200.

I have the Titan surge brake coupler for drums that's in great condition for sale, first $75 takes it. 3 seasons on new master cylinder.

Comment

Working...
                  X