Changes on the forum

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changes on the forum

The software upgrade has resulted in some changes forced upon the function of the forum.

For instance, all the links I had set up for things such as regional fuel prices and such donít function any more. Since I know the fuel survey link is used, I set it up as a sub-navigation bar tab at the very top of the forum. Click on that and youíll be brought to the Port of Everettís regional fuel price survey site.

My question now is, was anyone making use of some of the other links? They are all closed now, but I can set up an alternative to get you there if you made use of them and would like them back up. So let me know if you were in the habit of using the links to the following:

NW Boatinfo
    National Weather Service forcast
    Tides
    AIS Live Ships Map

If so, Iíll see what I can do to restore those links somehow.

Thanks!

-- Tim Taylor

1979 Glasply 21-foot I/O Overnighter w/ 5.0L Volvo-Penta duoprop (Cardinal)
    1982 Glasply 16-foot runabout w/ 50hp Mercury OB (JV Junior)
    1978 Glasply 19-1/2 foot runabout, project boat (Beer Goggles)

The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on my list.

One last chance to save any of those links. If no one responds that they use these links (NW Boatinfo, National Weather Service forecast, Tides, or AIS Live Ships Map), then I will delete the links.

Thanks!
    -- Tim Taylor

Comment

If I'm the only one, then delete them all. I thought, IMHO, that they added a touch of uniqueness to the forum, very professional. But again, just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by weigh2go View Post
        If I'm the only one, then delete them all. I thought, IMHO, that they added a touch of uniqueness to the forum, very professional. But again, just my opinion.
        I agree, they're cool to have. Only now with the new layout of the forum, I can't keep them in their own little area. They would have to be clickable buttons at the top of the main forum page. If no one uses them, they'd kind of clutter up the page I fear.

For sure I up the fuel price survey link up there, but it's the others I'm curious about. There's no way I am able to tell if anyone has even ever clicked on them! I'd be happy to retain any that folks use, but if they don't, then I'll just cut them loose....
        -- Tim Taylor

Comment

I know I did, thought they were really useful, but I can pull them up without going on the forum. I may be the only one that used the fuel link also. No worries, I would cut them loose. As far a fuel link goes, it's nice not only to see how much fuel costs and where, but more particularly who's selling NON-Ethanol fuel and who isn't...

Comment

I'll look into it in the next few days. I'd like to keep the links if I can do so without the page looking too cluttered. But I, too, use the fuel price survey quite a bit, so that's already up there at the top of the page!
            -- Tim Taylor

Comment

I don't think that top line detracts at all.

Comment

Is it just me or does it appear there is a serious lack of activity here since the forum has been updated......?
                1982 2580 "HI-BOY " IN 2 DEEP 5.7LX ALPHA

Comment

Originally posted by Akgramps View Post
                  Is it just me or does it appear there is a serious lack of activity here since the forum has been updated......?
                  I agree...
                  1978 17' Runabout - AQ120B/270
                  1978 23' Cuddy

Comment

Originally posted by Akgramps View Post
                    Well maybe you should start another project.
                    1981 Hardtop Cuddy Alaskan Bulkhead Rebuild Thread
                    1972 HT Cuddy-Rebuild Thread
                    8' 650cc Kawasaki powered dinghy

Comment

Originally posted by nova7163 View Post

Well maybe you should start another project.
                      Yes, Nova thanks for that............! I will get right on it..! Thinking its time to fix some worn out motorcycles this winter.... and still need to sort out a few things on the GP....like hooking it up to a boat stretcher as we speak...... winter IS good for something.....
                      1982 2580 "HI-BOY " IN 2 DEEP 5.7LX ALPHA

Comment

AK,
                        A couple of 28' advertised in Alaska if you are looking for something close. The new site seems to be overrun with Craigs List GP ads, which is fine, but maybe none of the members are working on fall projects.
                        The cruise liner QE2 moves only six inches for each gallon of diesel fuel that it burns.

1982 28' Long Cabin "Molly Brown" sweating through a long hot summer. Massive California forest fires fill our sky with smoke. SUP paddlers and kayakers transit the harbor with abandon, thinking they have the right of way over all boats.

Comment

Originally posted by Socal View Post
                          AK,
                          A couple of 28' advertised in Alaska if you are looking for something close. The new site seems to be overrun with Craigs List GP ads, which is fine, but maybe none of the members are working on fall projects.
                          To busy paying property taxes to work on their boat projects. My two cents!
                          Boat=Bust out another thousand
                          1973 19' Glasply HT 140 Mercruiser- procrastinating ongoing rebuild
                          1985 2200 Glasply HT Marauder 5 L

Comment

Working...
                          X