Fuel price link

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel price link

FYI, the "fuel prices around Puget Sound" link is taking you directly to a Wagoneer cruising guide. Didn't use to do that, did something change??

Fine Edge Publishing must have been taken over by Wagoneer and thus the link is no longer functional. I’ll look into it this weekend and see if I can’t find a new link to marine fuel prices in the region. Thanks for the heads-up on this!
    -- Tim Taylor

1979 Glasply 21-foot I/O Overnighter w/ 5.0L Volvo-Penta duoprop (Cardinal)
    1982 Glasply 16-foot runabout w/ 50hp Mercury OB (JV Junior)
    1978 Glasply 19-1/2 foot runabout, project boat (Beer Goggles)

I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.

Comment

Thank you. We actually use it a lot. Great resource for finding Non-E fuel outlets and discounts/cheaper fuel.

Comment

Good to know it’s been used!

I have updated the link to a fuel survey provided by the ActiveCaptain Community. Oddly enough, when I click the link on my iPad, it still goes to the Wagoneer bookstore site. But when I log on from a laptop, it took me to the ActiveCaptain link as it should.

Give it a try and let me know if you have any problems. And thanks again for the heads-up about that!
        -- Tim Taylor

Comment

Just tried it and it directed me to the one page fuel list from Active Captain (which was recently purchased by Garmin). Although it's detailed, doesn't list as many locations as the old link. Found it funny that Cap Sante stating they intentionally keep fuel prices low to attract boaters to the area, but they are more expensive than most of the others.. Looks like Poulsbo is now again Ethanol free and cheep, nice!

Comment

Check Brownsville and DesMoines as they are bothe E free and normally the cheapest in the sound.

Comment

The fuel price link isn't working or connecting again. Say's it's part of "active Captain" which "active Captain" was recently purchased by Garmin so wondering if that has something to do with it. Anyway, we like the link and find it very helpful. THanks.

Comment

Wow.... In looking into that, it seems there is a lot of dissatisfaction with ActiveCaptain since they sold out to Garmin. Hopefully the folks at Garmin are paying attention....

I updated the link to the Port of Everett’s fuel price list. It isn’t the most exhaustive list out there, but it’s the best I can find on short notice.

If anyone has a link to a more thorough listing, by all means let me know!

Carl, I appreciate the heads-up about the link. Thanks!
                -- Tim Taylor

Comment

Originally posted by Binford View Post
                  Wow.... In looking into that, it seems there is a lot of dissatisfaction with ActiveCaptain since they sold out to Garmin. Hopefully the folks at Garmin are paying attention....
                  Yes, you're correct. I've been following the Active Captain on another forum and very obvious the dissatifsfaction with Garmin. I wondered if that would happen, since I'm sure you've seen it before where someone with a great product sells to a large Corp for a fortune and the product isn't the same after... In fact, just had an issue with Garmin support over some updates with their electronics on our boat...didn't make me happy at all...

Thanks for doing that Tim, just tried the link, works great! And, saved me some $$!!
                  Last edited by weigh2go; 06-29-2018, 06:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X