Someone stole my kicker

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone stole my kicker

took it right off the boat in the back yard. pretty ballsy and not an easy access. 99 Merc extra long shaft 9.9. also had the EZ steer linkage and cylinders attached. cut the back window out of the canvas, climbed in and took my chart plotter too!

Unbelievable what some people will do.... Sorry to hear about that, Jearl!
    -- Tim Taylor

1979 Glasply 21-foot I/O Overnighter w/ 5.0L Volvo-Penta duoprop (Cardinal)
    1982 Glasply 16-foot runabout w/ 50hp Mercury OB (JV Junior)
    1978 Glasply 19-1/2 foot runabout, project boat (Beer Goggles)

I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.

Comment

Jeez that would piss me off!!!! Will your homeowners or boat policy cover that?

Comment

Sorry to hear about that. Hope you can get compensation from your insurance carrier. No secure places if a thief wants your property.
        The cruise liner QE2 moves only six inches for each gallon of diesel fuel that it burns.

1982 28' Long Cabin "Molly Brown" sweating through a long hot summer. Massive California forest fires fill our sky with smoke. SUP paddlers and kayakers transit the harbor with abandon, thinking they have the right of way over all boats.

Comment

Happened to me and few years ago. 8hp Honda long shaft with electric start. Cut the fuel line and start cables and walked away in the night. Not kidding you, Boat US insurance gave me a check for $54.25 for my loss. Depreciation indeed. I hate thieves
          I stayed up all night to see where the sun went. Then it dawned on me....

Comment

Sounds like Boat US are the bigger thieves! They’ll take your premiums, but paid only $54.25 as the replacement value?! What was it, a 1972 model or something?
            -- Tim Taylor

Comment

I was referring to them as thieves as well. 2004 model. 10 percent per year depreciation. Double robbed
              I stayed up all night to see where the sun went. Then it dawned on me....

Comment

Don’t they have an agreed value policy, or whatever they call it?
                -- Tim Taylor

Comment

Kf7. All the promos from the insurance companies about how great they are goes away when you submit a claim. By their calculations 14 years x 10%. Reaches a point where you owe them money for your loss.
                  The cruise liner QE2 moves only six inches for each gallon of diesel fuel that it burns.

1982 28' Long Cabin "Molly Brown" sweating through a long hot summer. Massive California forest fires fill our sky with smoke. SUP paddlers and kayakers transit the harbor with abandon, thinking they have the right of way over all boats.

Comment

This one is probably stolen.
                    1981 Hardtop Cuddy Alaskan Bulkhead Rebuild Thread
                    1972 HT Cuddy-Rebuild Thread
                    8' 650cc Kawasaki powered dinghy

Comment

Working...
                    X