Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

E15 fuel coming soon to a pump near you?!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E15 fuel coming soon to a pump near you?!

I received this from one of our forum members who forwarded this e-mail. It probably has some general interest to the group here, so I am posting it should you wish to take action.

Yesterday, President Trump officially moved to allow E15 gasoline sales year-round. This will needlessly put 142 million American boaters at risk.

Fortunately, there’s still time for Congress to step in and stop this dangerous proposal – but they will only do so if they hear from you.

Sending messages on Twitter is a great way to cut through the noise. Plus, it only takes a few seconds. Click here to tweet at your members of Congress now and tell them to stop the E15 sales expansion.

As you know, small engines – like those in boats, lawn mowers, and motorcycles – can only use fuel with 10% ethanol or lower. Anything higher, like E15, destroys these engines. We need to make sure members of Congress know this too.

Make sure your voice is heard by tweeting at your members of Congress today!

Thank you!

Click the link below to log in and send your message:
    https://www.votervoice.net/BroadcastLinks/x8kAiUXi28MK0lmiqeLWeA
    Boating United is the grassroots platform of the recreational boating industry. It is comprised of boating manufacturers, businesses and supporters who share the common goal of protecting and promoting the industry. Take action, learn about the issues and more at http://boatingunited.com/
    -- Tim Taylor

1979 Glasply 21-foot I/O Overnighter w/ 5.0L Volvo-Penta duoprop (Cardinal)
    1982 Glasply 16-foot runabout w/ 50hp Mercury OB (JV Junior)
    1978 Glasply 19-1/2 foot runabout, project boat (Beer Goggles)

I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.

so isn't the answer....don't buy it?

Comment

Originally posted by rstallbaum View Post
      so isn't the answer....don't buy it?
      Yes, but it might get to a point where E15 is the only thing available. Right now, where we live, you either buy non-ethanol at the marina (which is closed after Oct 1) for over $5 per gallon or try to find a gas station that sells it, we have only one and just saturday it was $4.49 gallon. If the gas station doesn't sell enough of the non-ethanol, won't be feasible to keep it. Potentially could just price it so high, demand will drop and force everyone to E15. I don't like seeing non-ethanol prices skyrocketing..distrust the "man" on this one for sure... IMHO and just my 2 cents.

Comment

We’re up to 4 cents now as I toss my two pennies in with yours, Carl!
        -- Tim Taylor

1979 Glasply 21-foot I/O Overnighter w/ 5.0L Volvo-Penta duoprop (Cardinal)
        1982 Glasply 16-foot runabout w/ 50hp Mercury OB (JV Junior)
        1978 Glasply 19-1/2 foot runabout, project boat (Beer Goggles)

I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.

Comment

Just paid $3.55 gal for 5 gallons of the clear for my power equipment. Up 25 cents from last month, geeze Carl, $4.49? WTF?
          diesel is climbing as well, $3.30 at Costco. time to raise my rates.
          wondering if I should put on 200 gal in the rig before the diesel goes through the roof?
          Last edited by Appella; 10-29-2018, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Winterized diesel is supposed to be less, it's not and climbing just filled at $3.59 and not bio-diesel. Almost makes me want to come get 200 gallons of the clear where you're at, our price is ridiculous!!!

Comment

Working...
            X