Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pot Puller

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Pot Puller

    Anyone using a Ace puller?
    Any issues?
    1982 2580 "HI-BOY " IN 2 DEEP 5.7LX ALPHA

  • #2
    I recently bought one from Johns in EVERETT with coiller.

    Made a Scotty to Penn adapter today so I will see how it works soon.

    Comment


    • #3
      I’ve had one for 6 years, still going strong and I use it for crab and shrimp pots. Pulls pots from 400’ with no issues.
      "Joint Venture" 1978 28' twin 2017 Vortec roller cam 383/6.3L 350hp engines - You name it, I've either replaced it, restored it, rebuilt it or repaired it. That's my job now that I'm retired.

      Comment


      • #4
        Finished the adapter to use my Ace line puller on my existing Penn down rigger bases.

        Comment


        • #5
          Used the Ace Max line puller yesterday, pulled the heavy pots from 75' with ease.

          Comment


          • #6
            Heck as they say "so easy even a Woman can do it" !!!

            Be sure not to raise too far! Lost a $150 pot by bringing latch that connects to pot support line into first pulley and it released and down the pot went to 75' below us. Lesson learned.

            She did mention after the shock wore off that the pot was loaded with keepers.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Cummins12V98 View Post
              Heck as they say "so easy even a Woman can do it" !!!
              So, um....what’s your WAR looking like after that comment there...?


              Sucks about the pot. I love the compact size of the Ace, but yeah, not much room for error there.
              -- Tim Taylor

              1979 Glasply 21-foot I/O Overnighter w/ 5.0L Volvo-Penta duoprop (Cardinal)
              1982 Glasply 16-foot runabout w/ 50hp Mercury OB (JV Junior)
              1978 Glasply 19-1/2 foot runabout, project boat (Beer Goggles)


              I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.

              Comment


              • #8
                We're fishing with the Trac, a clone of the Ace, works nicely.
                https://www.tracoutdoor.com/shop/fis...c-line-hauler/

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Binford View Post
                  So, um....what’s your WAR looking like after that comment there...?


                  Sucks about the pot. I love the compact size of the Ace, but yeah, not much room for error there.
                  ALL good! A tennis ball on the line ahead of the clip may be worth looking into, or???

                  Johns Sporting Goods in Everett has the Ace Brutus Max on sale for $525 with the coiler attachment free.

                  Ace Line Hauler Brutus Max Torque fits Scotty Downrigger Base Plate
                  $599.00
                  $525.00

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Cummins12V98 View Post
                    Heck as they say "so easy even a Woman can do it" !!!

                    Be sure not to raise too far! Lost a $150 pot by bringing latch that connects to pot support line into first pulley and it released and down the pot went to 75' below us. Lesson learned.

                    She did mention after the shock wore off that the pot was loaded with keepers.

                    Did this two years ago, got so excited when I saw a pot full crabs I forgot to stop pulling and the rope broke.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Cummins12V98 View Post
                      ALL good! A tennis ball on the line ahead of the clip may be worth looking into, or???

                      Johns Sporting Goods in Everett has the Ace Brutus Max on sale for $525 with the coiler attachment free.

                      Ace Line Hauler Brutus Max Torque fits Scotty Downrigger Base Plate
                      $599.00
                      $525.00
                      I got a new improved model out of a shop in Canada for 447.00

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        $447 is a DEAL! I think they are on their 3rd improvement in pulling power. Pulled a few from over 100' yesterday with no moaning or groaning!

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X