Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Glasply Donzi 5.5 Are there any around for sale??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glasply Donzi 5.5 Are there any around for sale??

Looking for another Glasply Donzi closed bow down here in Washington. Does anyone know of one that is for sale? I have been looking all over and havent found one yet.

I haven't seen one for sale. I'll keep an eye out for one though.
    1981 Hardtop Cuddy Alaskan Bulkhead Rebuild Thread
    1972 HT Cuddy-Rebuild Thread
    8' 650cc Kawasaki powered dinghy

Comment

I think this is a GP Donzi, not sure about what the 5.5 is...
      http://bellingham.craigslist.org/boa/5125422779.html
      Deep-V

To argue with someone who has abandoned reason, is like giving medicine to a dead man
      Thomas Paine

Comment

Donzi & 5.5 are 2 different boats.

Comment

Comment

Been hanging around here for awhile, and have never heard of that one - learn something every day.

Thanks!
            Deep-V

To argue with someone who has abandoned reason, is like giving medicine to a dead man
            Thomas Paine

Comment

I only know because I was looking in all the catalogs a few days ago and saw it.

Comment

Comment

I forgot the 5.5 was designed around the 470, other than that, it's a good looking boat. Donzi has much better ads.
                  The cruise liner QE2 moves only six inches for each gallon of diesel fuel that it burns.

1982 28' Long Cabin "Molly Brown" sweating through a long hot summer. Massive California forest fires fill our sky with smoke. SUP paddlers and kayakers transit the harbor with abandon, thinking they have the right of way over all boats.

Comment

Yes... Yes they do...
                    Deep-V

Thomas Paine

Comment

Thats the one!! I see the open bow style ones quite a bit, like in the craigslist ad. But the closed bow 5.5 is the one im looking for. I would travel to pick one up if anyone finds one! Quite a few years back I spoke with a gentlemen, I can't remember his name, maybe John? who was one of the original Glasply men. I asked about the molds for this 5.5 and he told me that they were in his possession. Life went on and I never did speak with him again but I love the design of this boat. Not sure how many were made, but I have an outboard style 5.5 and I would like to have the inboard as well.

Comment

Originally posted by username View Post
                        Donzi & 5.5 are 2 different boats.
                        Indeed they are! Rumor has it the 5.5 was based off a Donzi design.

Comment

How far do you want to go to get one? http://westslope.craigslist.org/boa/5126631404.html
                          Phone # in case add gets deleted 970 six two three 4647
                          His add says "This is a nice boat with a 470 Merc engine. Has the pole to pull skiers. Lake ready just selling because we have 2 boats." Asking 2300

Comment

Kansas is nice this time of year.
                            The cruise liner QE2 moves only six inches for each gallon of diesel fuel that it burns.

1982 28' Long Cabin "Molly Brown" sweating through a long hot summer. Massive California forest fires fill our sky with smoke. SUP paddlers and kayakers transit the harbor with abandon, thinking they have the right of way over all boats.

Comment

This is a job for the Binford Express! I'm betting they've got chickens in Kansas, Binny!
                              2013, 2014 & 2015 LD Award Recipient, and Unquestioned World Record Holder for Longest Tow to the Glasply Rendezvous, THREE years running

Comment

Working...
                              X