Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Glasply Donzi 5.5 Are there any around for sale??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While Colorado is technically part of my territory, it is not one I typically drive to. Thus it is pretty much out of reach of the Binford Express, I'm afraid.

That said, it's a beautiful drive which we would all encourage you to take, so long as you post here about your adventures, complete with lots of pictures you take along the way!
    -- Tim Taylor

1979 Glasply 21-foot I/O Overnighter w/ 5.0L Volvo-Penta duoprop (Cardinal)
    1982 Glasply 16-foot runabout w/ 50hp Mercury OB (JV Junior)
    1978 Glasply 19-1/2 foot runabout, project boat (Beer Goggles)

I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.

Comment

GP225 if you do go and make it back to Bremerton next weekend I'd think you would win the long distance award!

Comment

Thanks for the replies!! My current Glasply is a 1981 5.5 Outboard. I have owned this boat for approximately 15 years now. Originally came out of Washington State, but I have had in South East Alaska since I owned it. I have some pictures that I will dig up and put on here!! The boat originally came with a Mercury 150 XR2. Since then it has had several different motors. 2.4L 200, 3.0L 225 Carb, and now it is powered with a 3.0L 225 Optimax that will more than likely stay on the boat. I have kept the boat in good shape since I have owned it, replaced the interior, and some other various things. However I am currently considering the boat back South to Washington and have the gelcoat redone and an overall professional restoration.

Comment

GP225

I just responded to your January 22, 2015 posting which had some pictures of your beautiful 5.5. Would you post the HIN number for our registry? Also you mentioned a bracketed 21 you use for work transportation. Would appreciate any information you can share on that one also.
          The cruise liner QE2 moves only six inches for each gallon of diesel fuel that it burns.

1982 28' Long Cabin "Molly Brown" sweating through a long hot summer. Massive California forest fires fill our sky with smoke. SUP paddlers and kayakers transit the harbor with abandon, thinking they have the right of way over all boats.

Comment

Not too far from me, if I pick it up for GP225 can I clinch the LD award this year?

Comment

You would have my vote but Smee is doubling down this year by having two boats at the Rendezvous. He deserves an award of some kind.
              I wonder how you would complete the tow to GP225 who lives in Ketchikan?
              The cruise liner QE2 moves only six inches for each gallon of diesel fuel that it burns.

1982 28' Long Cabin "Molly Brown" sweating through a long hot summer. Massive California forest fires fill our sky with smoke. SUP paddlers and kayakers transit the harbor with abandon, thinking they have the right of way over all boats.

Comment

Here's one........http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/boa/5157279812.html

Comment

Still on the lookout for one of these boats on the West Coast!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X