California fuel Prices at the pump

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California fuel Prices at the pump

On the way to Long Beach this morning for Molly Brown's bottom painting, I stopped for fuel at the only dock in our harbor. 25 gallons of gas totaled $116.16. Receipt looked something like our local phone bill with taxes and fees added on:
    Regular gas @ $3.66/gal
    Fed Excise Tax @ $0.18/gal
    Lust Tax @ 000.x = $0.02 total on bill
    Fed Oil Spill fee = $0.05 total on bill
    CA State Excise tax $0.42/gal
    AB32 Gas FFR Fee = $0.07 total on bill
    Lead Poison Prevention fee $0.03 total on bill
    LCFS Compliance Fee $0.13/gal
    Green House Fee $0.13/gal
    Sales tax $3.13 total on bill
    Total taxes and fees: $24.66, $0.99/gal.

Is this a great Sanctuary State or what?
    Last edited by Socal; 10-14-2018, 07:21 PM.
    The cruise liner QE2 moves only six inches for each gallon of diesel fuel that it burns.

1982 28' Long Cabin "Molly Brown" sweating through a long hot summer. Massive California forest fires fill our sky with smoke. SUP paddlers and kayakers transit the harbor with abandon, thinking they have the right of way over all boats.

Great state you mean.....

Port Orchard Marina has ethanol-free fuel for $3.64/gal, all taxes & hidden fees included.
    -- Tim Taylor

1979 Glasply 21-foot I/O Overnighter w/ 5.0L Volvo-Penta duoprop (Cardinal)
    1982 Glasply 16-foot runabout w/ 50hp Mercury OB (JV Junior)
    1978 Glasply 19-1/2 foot runabout, project boat (Beer Goggles)

I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.

Comment

"Is this a great country or what? "

You mean great State, right?? and you keep bragging about the weather..... What is a "Lust" tax??? Can't imagine....

Comment

All right - ‘Great state’ is a bit much, but it’s clear and 75 today.
        LUST tax is what the politicians charge us mere mortals for doing something we enjoy, in this case boating.
        The cruise liner QE2 moves only six inches for each gallon of diesel fuel that it burns.

1982 28' Long Cabin "Molly Brown" sweating through a long hot summer. Massive California forest fires fill our sky with smoke. SUP paddlers and kayakers transit the harbor with abandon, thinking they have the right of way over all boats.

Comment

Speaking of hidden taxes has anyone noticed they are charging $8.95 to "report of Sale" with the state now when selling a vehicle? They do say it does not apply to boats.....YET!

Comment

Originally posted by Cummins12V98 View Post
            Speaking of hidden taxes has anyone noticed they are charging $8.95 to "report of Sale" with the state now when selling a vehicle? They do say it does not apply to boats.....YET!
            Yeah, just caught that one when transferring a car title to my son. Another way for Big Brother to get in our pockets. What a Rip off. They already collected a fee from the purchaser. When does it stop?
            Boat=Bust out another thousand
            1973 19' Glasply HT 140 Mercruiser- procrastinating ongoing rebuild
            1985 2200 Glasply HT Marauder 5 L

Comment

In the state of Washington the seller owns the plates and stay with the seller. That makes the buyer have to get the title changed in order to get new plates. That way the seller doesn't need to report a sale and get charged that $8.95. Do not let your plates go with anything you sell, including trailers!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 18ftTrophy View Post
                In the state of Washington the seller owns the plates and stay with the seller. That makes the buyer have to get the title changed in order to get new plates. That way the seller doesn't need to report a sale and get charged that $8.95. Do not let your plates go with anything you sell, including trailers!!!
                Is that really possible? Then the buyer would have to get temporary plates before they could even haul it away.
                -- Tim Taylor

Comment

All the buyer needs is a bill of sale and a copy of the last registration and the buyer can drive it home.

Comment

If that’s the case, then problem solved, $8.95 saved, and another license plate to adorn the shop wall!
                    -- Tim Taylor

Comment

What guarantees you that some jack hole does not register it and adds his own plates? Best thing to do is go to the DMV with the purchaser!

The guy that bought my old C20 Sunday says he is going to register it Saturday and send me a pic of registration. If so I will not waste my $8.95 on these greedy bastards. If he does not I will bend over and pay the $8.95 for my protection.

Comment

For a vehicle, yes. But they want the $8.95 for report of sale for a trailer too! Since a trailer has to be towed, the tow vehicle’s liability covers a trailer. The report of sale protects the seller from potential liability. So this shouldn’t be an issue with a trailer. Other than for an abandoned trailer that had been impounded, you’d be on the hook for the impound fees. Having the Report of Sale portion of the title on hand though, with the buyer’s name and the date, etc., could be produced at that point and possibly relieve you of the responsibility.

Still, I’m going to bring this up with my state representatives. Seriously, I am....
                        -- Tim Taylor

Comment

Originally posted by Binford View Post
                          For a vehicle, yes. But they want the $8.95 for report of sale for a trailer too! Since a trailer has to be towed, the tow vehicle’s liability covers a trailer. The report of sale protects the seller from potential liability. So this shouldn’t be an issue with a trailer. Other than for an abandoned trailer that had been impounded, you’d be on the hook for the impound fees. Having the Report of Sale portion of the title on hand though, with the buyer’s name and the date, etc., could be produced at that point and possibly relieve you of the responsibility.

Still, I’m going to bring this up with my state representatives. Seriously, I am....
                          It's all these little things that don't effect enough people at once so they just get away with it!

Comment

Working...
                          X