Fender deploying

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender deploying

For those of you that have the smaller 21' or so boats that are not so easy to get to the bow while underway, how are you deploying the front fenders? Currently I am tying a rope to the bottom of the fender then bringing it along side and tying it off inside. Then when I dock I release the rope and it drops down. Its ok but I wanted to see if anyone has a better system.

I don't want to have to get someone crawling up the hatch or balancing on the edge to get the fender out.

On my 21, I had the fender laying between the bow rail and the cabin window, then kick it out with the boat hook.
    Not much better, just less lines to trip on.

Comment

on my 23 i slide the window open at the front seat and tie it to the railing
      1980 2400 Cuddy I/O, 2017 Cummins 4BT coupled to a Volvo DP-SM with F9 Props, and a 2014 Mercury 15HP Pro-Kicker "LOOSE CHANGE"

Comment

I think I may of found something that can help. I'll try this out which means one hand operation to deploy then just pull it back in to stow. https://www.amazon.com/New-World-Mar.../dp/B0000BYQ13
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-07-12 at 1.37.25 PM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	54214

Comment

Originally posted by grotlloyd View Post
          ...Currently I am tying a rope to the bottom of the fender then bringing it along side and tying it off inside. Then when I dock I release the rope and it drops down. Its ok but I wanted to see if anyone has a better system.
          That is exactly how Jennifer and I do it on the Cardinal, using a light line at the bottom of the forward fender. The light line is cleated off on little cleats on the Alaskan bulkhead that happened to be there. We love it.
          -- Tim Taylor

1979 Glasply 21-foot I/O Overnighter w/ 5.0L Volvo-Penta duoprop (Cardinal)
          1982 Glasply 16-foot runabout w/ 50hp Mercury OB (JV Junior)
          1978 Glasply 19-1/2 foot runabout, project boat (Beer Goggles)

I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.

Comment

Originally posted by noluck View Post
            on my 23 i slide the window open at the front seat and tie it to the railing
            Same here. Friends came with and adjusted my fender adjustment rail hook and wala next stop Fender was gone. My fault sorta as I did not bring fender in. Someone has a nice 6x22 red fender now.

Comment

Working...
            X