Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• During our fishing trip today we saw 5 im not kidding you 5 GP's, they are the premier classic fishing boat in the Puget Sound!! We saw 5 but were only able to capture four, the fifth was a 24-26 foot hard top it was foggy out and hard to see clearly but you could certailnly make out that GP bow..
    Im not great with models or years Ill just post the pics for you to enjoy..
    Attached Files

Comment

• Yesterday was pulling Crab Pots around Center Island and a Burgundy striped GP cruised by.

Comment

• A couple of GP's I spotted in Salcha, nothing to brag about, but at least we know where they are......!
        Attached Files
        1982 2580 "HI-BOY " IN 2 DEEP 5.7LX ALPHA

Comment

• Next... A bit rough, used hard put away wet.
          Attached Files

Comment

• Not a PLY, but interesting boat nonetheless. I think it is a TOLAND, predecessor to C-Dory
            Attached Files

Comment

• AK

Thanks for the HIN, I'm guessing it's an 18. We have one other 18 with a similar HIN: GPL11284C585 with a BMW I/O power in Oregon. 1985 must have been a bad year for GP workers in charge of HIN's because they do not follow any logic. The 19 has a weird HIN indicating it was built at the end or beginning of a model year 81-82.
              Last edited by Socal; 10-15-2017, 10:59 PM.
              The cruise liner QE2 moves only six inches for each gallon of diesel fuel that it burns.

1982 28' Long Cabin "Molly Brown" sweating through a long hot summer. Massive California forest fires fill our sky with smoke. SUP paddlers and kayakers transit the harbor with abandon, thinking they have the right of way over all boats.

Comment

• I looked up Toland and they were in business from 1994 to 1996 in Kent, WA, where C-dories are/were made. The boat in your photograph with the AKZ Hin is from Alaska Homemade Boats on Benson Blvd. in Anchorage. CG indicates the business began 8.30.2014, no notice of closing. Maybe they got some hulls and finished them in Alaska.
                The screwed-on brass plate HIN is what some WA state owners may have to do with the new state regulations on numbering. Binford figured out a work-around and kept his existing HIN by deleting the last one or two digits from the original HIN on his registration documents. Clever man!
                The cruise liner QE2 moves only six inches for each gallon of diesel fuel that it burns.

1982 28' Long Cabin "Molly Brown" sweating through a long hot summer. Massive California forest fires fill our sky with smoke. SUP paddlers and kayakers transit the harbor with abandon, thinking they have the right of way over all boats.

Comment

• Glasply midden on Marrowstone Island. Here are a few of my buddies Glasply "collection". There are more...
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4331.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	204.2 KB
ID:	53653
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Rare 23 Flybridge

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4329.jpg
Size:	200.8 KB
ID:	53654

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4335.jpg
Size:	206.2 KB
ID:	53655

1980 19ft

Comment

Name:	IMG_4337.jpg
Size:	198.4 KB
ID:	53656

1979 19FT

Comment

Name:	IMG_4340.jpg
Size:	201.8 KB
ID:	53657

Rarely seen 23 Open

Comment

• That’s a nice collection, any of them for sale?

Comment

• Damn, that's heart-breaking! Like the elephant graveyard of GlasPlys! Does your friend intend to try to sell them, or does he just want them out of his yard?

JJC and Nova, when you guys get your storage spaces figured out, I'll come up. We'll roam around and pick up some of these old boats that might still have a little life left. I'm not working, and my wife would just as soon have me out of the house. What do you say?
                              2013, 2014 & 2015 LD Award Recipient, and Unquestioned World Record Holder for Longest Tow to the Glasply Rendezvous, THREE years running

Comment

• Ya its kind of depressing, all are in disrepair. They are all for sale-trying to clear the property. I dont think he wants much for any of them other than the 23 open. Pm or call me if anyone has any interest.

Comment

Working...
                                X