kicker bracket help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kicker bracket help!

so I have a 19' 6" hard top. upgraded the kicker to 4 stroke 20hp. I had a adjustable yamaha bracket but quickly took it off just didnt trust it. what do you guys recomend. i grinded out the glass and patched the old holes. now im not sure what to use. the new kicker has eletric tilt and ita long shaft. should I use a solid bracket? what are the advantages of one over the other.

Derrick
    Been a long while since I had one so I am speculating. A lift bracket will get the kicker lower unit out of the water so it can remain vertical. A fixed mount may be stronger but you will have to tilt the motor when you get underway. That’s a heavy kicker. I don’t know if an ’easy steer’ device will work well with either type of bracket.
    Last edited by Socal; 08-15-2018, 09:34 PM.
    The cruise liner QE2 moves only six inches for each gallon of diesel fuel that it burns.

1982 28' Long Cabin "Molly Brown" sweating through a long hot summer. Massive California forest fires fill our sky with smoke. SUP paddlers and kayakers transit the harbor with abandon, thinking they have the right of way over all boats.

Comment

I should add this is a dry locker boat. it lives on a dolly when its not in the water. so no trailering or bouncing around. and its not left in water over night.

Comment

On Glashawk, a 19-6 runabout, I use the heavy duty OMC kicker bracket rated at 125lbs. I don’t know what the 20hp weighs but that seems like overkill (IMHO). The Yamaha 8hp high thrust long shaft was all I ever needed and the bracket worked great with it. That was until someone decided to steal the Yamaha from my back yard including damaging the bracket by cutting through it.
        Glas-Hawk
        Current Fleet - 1978 VIP w/4.3 V6 Merc (Glas-Hawk)
        2002 10ft w/15hp Merc 4 stroke - Glas-Hawk2
        1976 28ft w/twin Yanmars - Kaulquappe
        Previous Affairs
        1977 17 w/115 Merc Tower of Power
        1980 2100SL w/470 Merc
        1977 2100SL w/470 Merc
        1979 18'6" "Donzi-Ply" w/470 Merc
        1980 8'6" Dinghy w/2 OP (oar power)

Comment

solid bracket, if you can draw it i can build it
          1980 2400 Cuddy I/O, 2017 Cummins 4BT coupled to a Volvo DP-SM with F9 Props, and a 2014 Mercury 15HP Pro-Kicker "LOOSE CHANGE"

Comment

uh yah it is overkill thats the point. I like to have the power when i want it makes a huge difference. better charging output and it being newer can troll down slower than my 2 stroke 9.9 could. so thats why i went with it. hey noluck where are you out of? would love to have a solid one made

Comment

abbotsford bc, will be at the Rendezvous this weekend. i have a custom aluminum swim grid and kicker mount on my glasply you could check out
              1980 2400 Cuddy I/O, 2017 Cummins 4BT coupled to a Volvo DP-SM with F9 Props, and a 2014 Mercury 15HP Pro-Kicker "LOOSE CHANGE"

Comment

Originally posted by derrick cline View Post
                so I have a 19' 6" hard top. upgraded the kicker to 4 stroke 20hp. I had a adjustable yamaha bracket but quickly took it off just didnt trust it. what do you guys recomend. i grinded out the glass and patched the old holes. now im not sure what to use. the new kicker has eletric tilt and ita long shaft. should I use a solid bracket? what are the advantages of one over the other.
                I have this I'd sell at a good price.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	20150607_110936.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	181.4 KB
ID:	54306Click image for larger version

Name:	20150613_160647.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	210.7 KB
ID:	54307

Comment

that looks about perfect to me....

Comment

looks nice, pm sent.

Comment

Originally posted by derrick cline View Post
                      looks nice, pm sent.
                      replied to your pm. Here's a couple more shots. I was in the process of getting a troll master for the throttle but then I went full idiot and did my conversion.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20150618_183702 - Copy.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	212.0 KB
ID:	54308Click image for larger version

Name:	20150625_141202.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	203.8 KB
ID:	54309Click image for larger version

Name:	20150704_102932.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	204.6 KB