New owner

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New owner

Hello all, Looking for any and all information about Glasply vessels. Mine is a 23' cuddy 1978 vintage, 280 Volvo stern drive behind a AQ225B.
    Attached Files

Welcome to the forum and that is a very nice looking boat.
    1978 Glasply 21ft 5.7l Mercruiser R drive "Sandi's Surprise"
    1981 Glasply 17ft 70hp Johnson & 9.8hp Nissan kicker "Skunked"

Comment

Welcome aboard R2, and that is a very nice 23. Please post your HIN for Socals registry.

Comment

Very nice looking boat, even has Penn downriggers.
        "Joint Venture" 1978 28' twin 2017 Vortec roller cam 383/6.3L 350hp engines - You name it, I've either replaced it, restored it, rebuilt it or repaired it. That's my job now that I'm retired.

Comment

very nice, i am partial to a 23
          1980 2400 Cuddy I/O, 2017 Cummins 4BT coupled to a Volvo DP-SM with F9 Props, and a 2014 Mercury 15HP Pro-Kicker "LOOSE CHANGE"

Comment

Beautiful boat! And looks like a nice King trailer too. (That's an awesome trailer!)

Welcome aboard!
            -- Tim Taylor

1979 Glasply 21-foot I/O Overnighter w/ 5.0L Volvo-Penta duoprop (Cardinal)
            1982 Glasply 16-foot runabout w/ 50hp Mercury OB (JV Junior)
            1978 Glasply 19-1/2 foot runabout, project boat (Beer Goggles)

The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on my list.

Comment

VERY nice! On the subject of the trailer, I am NO expert but compared to my 23' and 2000 King trailer my bunks come much farther forward.

I assume those are carpet covered bunks? I replaced mine with new Doug Fir and the plastic skids from KingTrailer. I can't tell you how darn easy to load and unload it is now.

Comment

what did the skids cost from king trailer?
                1980 2400 Cuddy I/O, 2017 Cummins 4BT coupled to a Volvo DP-SM with F9 Props, and a 2014 Mercury 15HP Pro-Kicker "LOOSE CHANGE"

Comment

Originally posted by noluck View Post
                  what did the skids cost from king trailer?
                  I bought them from one of their dealers. I think they were around $100 each. I bought 3 at 20' long. I place the top of the fenders even with the water get out remove safety chain and strap. Get in truck hit reverse move just a couple inches hit brakes and boat slides right off.

When loading place trailer same level. Idle boat to trailer it self centers easily and ends up a couple feet short of the roller. Hit the gas a bit and it comes right up close. Hook strap and easily crank it it the rest of the way.

I personally spoke to the head guy at King, he was VERY helpful. I originally wanted to talk to him about adding side bunks. He went into great detail about going to these plastic bunks and that I would NOT need the sides.

I may be telling you guys things you already know but I just remember loading my Folks 21' GP with a roller trailer and what a PITA it was to get the boat loaded properly.

Good thing I did this as my 17 year old bunks were starting to rot. I left the DougFir with no coating of any kind as the carpet held water.

I think you can tell I am more than happy!!!

Comment

thanks cummins12v98

Comment

Wow, beautiful GP 23' !!

Comment

What a beautiful boat and trailer! you'll have fun with that!
                        GlasPly72PDX
                        Play'n Hooky
                        1972 GlasPly 171 Runabout
                        Mercruiser 120 I/O

Comment

Welcome aboard, beautiful boat, looks like new... more pics please...
                          1982 2580 "HI-BOY " IN 2 DEEP 5.7LX ALPHA

Comment

Welcome, nice boat!!
                            As far as trailers go, myself I prefer rollers but we have to launch in some pretty low water condtions and sliding the boat off a dry bunk trailer can be difficult, when I asked the dealer why all the new trailers were bunks he said it was less expensive to make them and the bunks supported the boat better, which make a lot of sense when you compare the contact spot, we concluded that heavier boats definately need bunks, lighter boats can do either but launching is easier on a roller bed, as long as you undo the safety chain at the bottom of the ramp and not the top............

Comment

Originally posted by Fish View Post
                              Welcome, nice boat!!
                              As far as trailers go, myself I prefer rollers but we have to launch in some pretty low water condtions and sliding the boat off a dry bunk trailer can be difficult, when I asked the dealer why all the new trailers were bunks he said it was less expensive to make them and the bunks supported the boat better, which make a lot of sense when you compare the contact spot, we concluded that heavier boats definately need bunks, lighter boats can do either but launching is easier on a roller bed, as long as you undo the safety chain at the bottom of the ramp and not the top............

I am here to tell you the boat slides off VERY easy with just a tap of the brakes. Best part is i can pull the boat onto the trailer then crank up the last foot or so. It self centers every time. Plastic skids are the way to go!!! I remember how much of the PITA it was to get my Folks 21' GP loaded up centered on the trailer with the rollers.

Comment

Working...
                              X