No announcement yet.

New to the Glasply family

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone know where I can find a wiring schematic for my 81 1800 series runabout? And what’s the best way to drain the onboard motor oil so I can change it.

Comment

Also how bad does this look?Click image for larger version

Name:	0DA39BD5-6B2B-4C75-996E-174D34CE4F7E.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	203.7 KB
ID:	54266Click image for larger version

Name:	0DA39BD5-6B2B-4C75-996E-174D34CE4F7E.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	203.7 KB
ID:	54266

Comment

The way I drained the oil on my 120 MC in a Bayliner is get the bow as high as possible place a drain pan under the boats drain and pull the engine plug. When the oil is done draining, wash out the bilge with some solvent and wipe dry. Not the neatest way, but gets the job done.

Comment

If you can run the engine to warm up the oil it will drain out better. One way is to add a shutoff valve to the oil plug, attach a hose and run it through the transom drain. You can also pump it out through the dipstick tube. I have used disposable aluminum pans to catch the oil out of the motor. Remember to fill the new oil filter with oil before you hook it up.
          Have not seen a wiring diagram, most of these old boats have had a lot of wires added over the years, so you may have to make up your own. ��
          The cruise liner QE2 moves only six inches for each gallon of diesel fuel that it burns.

1982 28' Long Cabin "Molly Brown" sweating through a long hot summer. Massive California forest fires fill our sky with smoke. SUP paddlers and kayakers transit the harbor with abandon, thinking they have the right of way over all boats.

Comment

Sad update......after an oil change I have found the motor to be frozen. Pumped 2 1//2 gallon of water before I hit oil
            Any leads on a replacement 120 merc motor?

Comment

While you are looking for a replacement motor, take the plugs out and fill the cylinders with Marvel oil and let it soak - may unstick it.
              The cruise liner QE2 moves only six inches for each gallon of diesel fuel that it burns.

1982 28' Long Cabin "Molly Brown" sweating through a long hot summer. Massive California forest fires fill our sky with smoke. SUP paddlers and kayakers transit the harbor with abandon, thinking they have the right of way over all boats.

Comment

Didn’t have that...... but a whole can of WD-40 evenly sprayed into each cylinder went in yesterday.

Comment

Working...
                X