This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 RENDEZVOUS

Greetings, GlasPlygians! Mark your calendars for the Annual GlasPly Rendezvous, which will take place in Anacortes, Wasghington, on August 17 - 19, 2018. Please see the attached registration form.

All best,
    Mr. Smee

REGISTRATION FORM
    1981 Hardtop Cuddy Alaskan Bulkhead Rebuild Thread
    1972 HT Cuddy-Rebuild Thread
    8' 650cc Kawasaki powered dinghy

Mr. Smee and Nova

Great job on the flyer.
    The cruise liner QE2 moves only six inches for each gallon of diesel fuel that it burns.

1982 28' Long Cabin "Molly Brown" sweating through a long hot summer. Massive California forest fires fill our sky with smoke. SUP paddlers and kayakers transit the harbor with abandon, thinking they have the right of way over all boats.

Comment

Nice flyer! Wife and I are looking at this. A question or two since we're newbie's. We'd be towing our boat a 171 runabout up there. IF we use the off site launch, will there be a guest slip available where we could tie up during the day?
      Next question - any plans to explore the area in our boats during the day on Saturday or even Sunday? Trying to figure out if its worth hauling my boat up there from Portland...
      Thanks!
      GlasPly72PDX
      Play'n Hooky
      1972 GlasPly 171 Runabout
      Mercruiser 120 I/O

Comment

PDX

Two thoughts - arrange for a slip and you won't have to bother with launching and retrieving over the weekend. Most of the action takes place on the barge and you will won't want to miss it.
        Cap Sante is on Fidalgo Island, one of the San Juan's and part of the most spectacular boating country in the world. You may want to tack on a day at either end to do some exploring. Buy or download some charts, Google Anacortes, San Juan Islands, etc. to find some spots and then ask the assembled GP crew for ideas on where to go and what to see. Quite a change from the Columbia and Willamette and you have to watch the weather, but you should definitely bring your boat.
        The cruise liner QE2 moves only six inches for each gallon of diesel fuel that it burns.

1982 28' Long Cabin "Molly Brown" sweating through a long hot summer. Massive California forest fires fill our sky with smoke. SUP paddlers and kayakers transit the harbor with abandon, thinking they have the right of way over all boats.

Comment

Slips for the weekend are reserved by Mr. Smee and we have plenty for everyone. If you plan on being there before or after the event then you would need to make separate arrangements. The key is getting people to register and commit to going early on so plans can be made.

I would like to get a group of people together to take the boats out for a cruise. It's always fun getting good photos and videos of the boats in action. A few of us head out multiple times during the day to set and collect crabs and gear. Often times people tag along on other people's boats during this.

Comment

I would like to get a group of people together to take the boats out for a cruise. It's always fun getting good photos and videos of the boats in action. A few of us head out multiple times during the day to set and collect crabs and gear. Often times people tag along on other people's boats during this.
            Nova, that's a great idea and don't think we've ever done that before. Maybe something you could arrange, we could all take our boats out and maybe have a group photo or ??? Would be nice to have a different photo for our publication notifications. If Socal is there, he can photo from a dingy??
            Last edited by nova7163; 03-16-2018, 10:09 AM.

Comment

I agree with Nova and Carl, I think that would be an excellent idea, and possibly a great photo for the magazines.

Comment

would be fun to run around the island, through deception and up the channel
                1980 2400 Cuddy I/O, 2017 Cummins 4BT coupled to a Volvo DP-SM with F9 Props, and a 2014 Mercury 15HP Pro-Kicker "LOOSE CHANGE"

Comment

Anybody have a drone with a camera? That would be super cool.
                  Boat=Bust out another thousand
                  1973 19' Glasply HT 140 Mercruiser- procrastinating ongoing rebuild
                  1985 2200 Glasply HT Marauder 5 L

Comment

We will have to come up with a plan and route for this and make it fit into the schedule. I'm pretty unfamiliar with the area so maybe some of the locals can guide us around.

Comment

You called?????
                      I stayed up all night to see where the sun went. Then it dawned on me....

Comment

Originally posted by kf7gth View Post
                        You called?????
                        Im not sure Id want to follow you, you would probably take me through canoe pass on a busy day just to see me put the 28 on the rocks! I like the idea and think D pass is a great area to go. Nice photo area too.

Comment

You should be there when the gfbl's blast through in a blur.
                          1978 Glasply 21ft 5.7l Mercruiser R drive "Sandi's Surprise"
                          1981 Glasply 17ft 70hp Johnson & 9.8hp Nissan kicker "Skunked"

Comment

Originally posted by jjc23 View Post
                            I like the idea and think D pass is a great area to go. Nice photo area too.
                            Would be a very nice cruise, seeing the pass from the water and looking up at the bridge is a picture you won't soon forget too. Knowing the tides is a serious requirement though. When you see the currents at anything but slack it will raise the "pucker factor" by a factor of 10 easily. Been though 3 times (At slack water too) and I never get tired of seeing it.
                            "Joint Venture" 1978 28' twin 2017 Vortec roller cam 383/6.3L 350hp engines - You name it, I've either replaced it, restored it, rebuilt it or repaired it. That's my job now that I'm retired.

Comment

Love running under the bridge when the tide is running strong!

Comment

Working...
                              X