Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea, Carl was right, not over exaggerating, that wale was almost up to the bridge, felt like we were going over when it turned us toward the dock.
    Just goes to show how tough Glasply boats are built, as hard and fast that boat hit us, I expected total transom failure.
    I will post the surveillance video as soon as the insurance has been settled.

Comment

Glad you are OK. Easier to repair the boat than you. A big PIA for sure but at least you got to participate in the Rendezvous. and take home the LD award.
      Last edited by Socal; 08-21-2018, 10:21 PM.
      The cruise liner QE2 moves only six inches for each gallon of diesel fuel that it burns.

1982 28' Long Cabin "Molly Brown" sweating through a long hot summer. Massive California forest fires fill our sky with smoke. SUP paddlers and kayakers transit the harbor with abandon, thinking they have the right of way over all boats.

Comment

Here are some pics I took.
        Attached Files

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1910.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	54370

Lights Out...

Comment

Originally posted by Socal View Post
            Reel Fast
            Like the fenders!

Thanks! There is one floating around the Sound!
            Last edited by Cummins12V98; 08-22-2018, 10:26 AM.

Comment

That’s where I find most of mine.
              The cruise liner QE2 moves only six inches for each gallon of diesel fuel that it burns.

1982 28' Long Cabin "Molly Brown" sweating through a long hot summer. Massive California forest fires fill our sky with smoke. SUP paddlers and kayakers transit the harbor with abandon, thinking they have the right of way over all boats.

Comment

That looked like a fun time. I was hoping to drive up , but we headed east to Spokane for our nephews b-day party. I'm hoping to have my little boat ready to go for the spring, and would love to make it out to the 2019 event.

Comment

Have been looking at the pictures. Looks and sounds like we missed a great party! Hooky's still in the shop darn it all! See you all next year though!
                  GlasPly72PDX
                  Play'n Hooky
                  1972 GlasPly 171 Runabout
                  Mercruiser 120 I/O

Comment

Thanks to all of you for a great time. I didn't want it to end. Looking forward to seeing all of you next year (2019) for more great memories.
                    Brent and Russell
                    Boat=Bust out another thousand
                    1973 19' Glasply HT 140 Mercruiser- procrastinating ongoing rebuild
                    1985 2200 Glasply HT Marauder 5 L

Comment

• Finally getting around to checking out the website regarding the rendezvous. Great new site. Lynda and I again had a very enjoyable weekend. It was nice to see some familiar old faces and lots of new ones. Looking forward to next year..maybe. As a few of you know I had some concerns about a noise coming out of engine compartment. I did have a new bearing put in my alternator just before we left. Twenty minutes into a 2 1/2 hr run home a very noticeable noise coming from the back of the boat. I could not see anything in the engine compartment. It got worse but made it home. It seems to be coming from the top end of the leg. I am still waiting for the mechanic I use to check it out. If there is a serious issue with the leg...pre Alpha Merc 1...I am done with it. I have literally spent thousands on it. No more good money after bad. I was talking to someone at the rendezvous who was going to be pulling a motor and Alpha 1 out of Glasply. Sorry I am real bad with names I think his name was Mike or Dave? Even bigger than me! If anyone knows who I am talking about could you let me know. As a side bar boating season was basically over 2 weeks later. Lynda had been complaining of abdomen pain for 4 or 5 days so she went in to emergency and had to have an appendectomy right away. No climbing in and out of a boat for weeks.Could have been worse. Could have happened while we were at the rendezvous! We always carry travel insurance. You just never know.

Comment

• The guy you were talking to is probably Big Dave. He just got done pulling the motor and drive.
                        Sorry to hear about your wife but glad it all worked out. Had mine explode 5 years ago. Wasn't a fun time.
                        1981 Hardtop Cuddy Alaskan Bulkhead Rebuild Thread
                        1972 HT Cuddy-Rebuild Thread
                        8' 650cc Kawasaki powered dinghy

Comment

• Postie,
                          Always great to see and visit with both of you! Sorry for Lynda, glad you got home before that happened, wow!! You do know of course realize that you really need to get into a larger GP, 23 or more, you're just too big for that 19'... but that's just my humble opinion..haha. Speedy recovery for Lynda for sure!

Comment

• Thanks. I will pass it on to Lynda. Sorry about going off topic here. I think I will contact Big Dave to see what he is doing with the leg after I can find out what is wrong with mine. As for moving up. I hate to sound like a complaining old man but...I have to go see an orthopedic surgeon about my knee and have osteoarthritis in my lower back. All those years of packing the mail has caught up with me! If we do move up we need something that we can step into off a swim grid instead of trying to climb over the side. It's the sh**ts getting old!

Comment

• Forgot I had these pictures of Noluck on my phone from the rendezvous.

​​​​​​​
                              1981 Hardtop Cuddy Alaskan Bulkhead Rebuild Thread
                              1972 HT Cuddy-Rebuild Thread
                              8' 650cc Kawasaki powered dinghy

Comment

Working...
                              X