Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 Mixology Competition in Anacortes

Greetings shipmates!

The 2019 GlasPly Rendezvous in Anacortes is still a few months away, but it's not too early to start thinking of a killer recipe for an adult beverage for the annual Mixology Competition. If you shake a mean shaker or wield a serious swizzle stick, consider entering -- you might be this year's Master Mixologist! What's the old saying, "always a bridesmaid, never a bride?" Heck, in all the years I've entered I've never even made flower girl! Alas, this year my losing streak will continue, as I won't be able to attend the Rendezvous: my first no-show in ten years! Angela Rhodes has gallantly stepped in to host the competition in my place, though, and, as a past winner, I know she'll do a great job. She has a cool prize in hand, and is ready to rock.

The contest will take place on the party barge at Cap Sante at 1700 on Saturday, August 10, and when the sipping is settled the 2019 Master Mixologist will be crowned. The competition is a lot of fun, and quite tasty, besides. If you don't want to enter, you can serve as a taster and judge.

Here are the rules:

1) Your beverage should be mixed and ready to pour at the outset of the competition at 1700; it's best to have it in a pitcher or suitable container so you can pour quickly.

2) You'll need to make enough to serve about 20 people; not a full drink, though, just a taste will do. Dixie cups will be provided. Tasting is open to all attendees of legal age, but is, of course, strictly voluntary.

3) Your beverage should have a name, either a well-known cocktail appellation or one you've made up. The only restriction on your recipe is that you must have mixed your drink: it can't come right out of a bottle or can. You should be prepared to let people know your ingredients if asked (in case someone's allergic to chocolate or pineapple or whatever).

4) Those who volunteer to be tasters will get a scorecard on which they'll give each drink a rating. At the end the results will be totaled, and the winner will get this year's award.

5) If you intend to compete, please let Angela (Weigh2Go) know the name of your drink so you can be put on the scorecard. You've got plenty of time, but please let Angela know by August 3, 2019.

If any questions, please get in touch. Ladies and gentlemen, start your shakers!

All best,
    Mr. Smee
    2013, 2014 & 2015 LD Award Recipient, and Unquestioned World Record Holder for Longest Tow to the Glasply Rendezvous, THREE years running

Team "Git Her Dum Reel Fast" will be in attendance to defend our 2018 Mixology Title.

Comment

Ho ho. Better bring your A-game, mate: repeats are tough. (Unless you're the Golden State Warriors!) Rumor has it that there are several amateur bartenders busy in their kitchens right now, and I suspect you'll get a run for your money. Lucky for you that I can't come, because I have a killer, award-winning recipe in mind. (But that sounds familiar . . .)
      2013, 2014 & 2015 LD Award Recipient, and Unquestioned World Record Holder for Longest Tow to the Glasply Rendezvous, THREE years running

Comment

Working...
      X