2019 Rendezvous Recap

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 Rendezvous Recap

Thanks everyone who attended the Rendezvous this year and Tyson for heading it up. It was good to see everyone again and meet the new people who attended. We had a great time and the food spread was incredible. Hope everyone got home safe and looking forward to next year already.

Boat=Bust out another thousand
    1973 19' Glasply HT 140 Mercruiser- procrastinating ongoing rebuild
    1985 2200 Glasply HT Marauder 5 L

Does anyone have photos?
    2013, 2014 & 2015 LD Award Recipient, and Unquestioned World Record Holder for Longest Tow to the Glasply Rendezvous, THREE years running

Comment

Still working on that. We missed you and your brother.
      Boat=Bust out another thousand
      1973 19' Glasply HT 140 Mercruiser- procrastinating ongoing rebuild
      1985 2200 Glasply HT Marauder 5 L

Comment

I only took one... sorry

edit: Two!

Comment

I also only took two. We really miss our official photographer but I thought I saw Weigh2go with a camera.
          1981 Hardtop Cuddy Alaskan Bulkhead Rebuild Thread
          1972 HT Cuddy-Rebuild Thread
          8' 650cc Kawasaki powered dinghy

Comment

Great times with all! Can’t wait for next year!

Comment

Lynda & I enjoyed meeting some old faces and lots of new ones. We both commented that it was good to see more 'young faces'...or is it just that we are getting that much older? Crossing Rosario was a piece of cake considering the wind. We stayed a night at the Lopez Islander Re$ort in Fishermans Bay...$59.00 US a night for a 20' with no power! Looking forward to next years gathering.

Comment

Thanks to all for the hospitality, especially our neighbors on the dock and those who helped us with our mechanical difficulty Sunday morning (Bill, jbs and Max). We had a great time and are happy to have made some new friends. We will be back next year. Unfortunately our trip home was a bit rough. We got a new fuel pump delivered from Everett, installed and departed Anacortes about 1pm. We only made it as far as Strawberry Point before the new one went out. I suspect my fuel tank vent is causing excessive strain on the diaphragm. We went 10 miles into Oak Harbor on the kicker, left her there overnight and retrieved with the trailer yesterday. I got some work to do to get back out there starting this weekend...

Comment

Originally posted by postie View Post
                  Lynda & I enjoyed meeting some old faces and lots of new ones. We both commented that it was good to see more 'young faces'...or is it just that we are getting that much older? Crossing Rosario was a piece of cake considering the wind. We stayed a night at the Lopez Islander Re$ort in Fishermans Bay...$59.00 US a night for a 20' with no power! Looking forward to next years gathering.
                  We paid $59 a night for 28' OAL with power so that must be their minimum rate.

Comment

Ok, here is the big question. While driving North on I-5 on Monday, I saw a 28' Glasply being trailered South on I-5. I am only guessing that this was someone who lives south and brought his Glasply to the Reunion. So my question is, who was it? Where did they launch? Thanks, Wally

Comment

Originally posted by wally View Post
                      Ok, here is the big question. While driving North on I-5 on Monday, I saw a 28' Glasply being trailered South on I-5. I am only guessing that this was someone who lives south and brought his Glasply to the Reunion. So my question is, who was it? Where did they launch? Thanks, Wally
                      Probably Carl in the Weigh 2 go. Black Chevy pulling it?

Comment

Appella,
                        Yes, I believe it was. Had a dingy on the transom. Boat looked very nice! It just amazed me to see a boat like mine, going past me on the Freeway! You see a lot of good size Bayliners and other boats on the road. However, you seldom see a 28 ft Glasply Cool!!

Comment

Weigh2Go has some excellent pix, which he kindly shared with me and hopefully can put them up for all to see. Carl, don't mean to disparage your techno skills, but you might ask one of our younger compadres to help you put them all up at once. Just sayin' . . . (Nova, come in please, Nova.)

Congrats to Joint Venture on taking this year's Master Mixologist Award! I'm sure it was richly deserved, but dang -- only three entries? At long last, this could have been my year! I've waited since 2009, and this year I would have had a 25% chance of success! Also, kudos to Nova for the SoCal Award! You're truly a pillar of the community, mate, well done.

My disappointment at not being able to attend will slowly dissipate, I'm sure, and I'll be cheery again soon. Next year for sure, come hell or high water!

All best,
                          Mr. Smee

(Hey Postie, the beard is now monumental!)
                          2013, 2014 & 2015 LD Award Recipient, and Unquestioned World Record Holder for Longest Tow to the Glasply Rendezvous, THREE years running

Comment

I have them downloaded and resized on my computer while on a layover. I'll upload them later tonight when I get where I'm going.

Comment

Originally posted by nova7163 View Post

We paid $59 a night for 28' OAL with power so that must be their minimum rate.
                              Same here when I stayed there a week ago. I thought it was high for a 28 but for Postieś I find that terrible.
                              "Joint Venture" 1978 midcabin 28', twin 2017 Vortec roller cam "bullet proof" 383/6.3L full roller 350hp engines - You name it, I've either replaced it, restored it, rebuilt it or repaired it. That's my job now that I'm retired.

Comment

Working...
                              X