Rebuilt engine is back home...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rebuilt engine is back home...

Much more work to be done but things are progressing in the right direction.
    Last edited by kf7gth; 02-06-2018, 04:27 PM.
    I stayed up all night to see where the sun went. Then it dawned on me....

Photo proof
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180206_143813.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	197.7 KB
ID:	53841

Comment

Looks good, Vortec heads, roller cam?
      "Joint Venture" 1978 28' twin 2017 Vortec roller cam 383/6.3L 350hp engines - You name it, I've either replaced it, restored it, rebuilt it or repaired it. That's my job now that I'm retired.

Comment

Yessir Bill. I just had him rebuild my 305 and add Vortec heads and roller top end. And had the rotating assembly balanced.

Comment

That looks good. Should be a little more dependable.
          Boat=Bust out another thousand
          1973 19' Glasply HT 140 Mercruiser- procrastinating ongoing rebuild
          1985 2200 Glasply HT Marauder 5 L

Comment

Purty, it is!
            -- Tim Taylor

1979 Glasply 21-foot I/O Overnighter w/ 5.0L Volvo-Penta duoprop (Cardinal)
            1982 Glasply 16-foot runabout w/ 50hp Mercury OB (JV Junior)
            1978 Glasply 19-1/2 foot runabout, project boat (Beer Goggles)

I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.

Comment

So today I’m just cleaning up and painting accessories to put on the motor. Funny thing, last weekend I bought valve cover gaskets at NAPA and didn’t pay attention to the fact that I got 2 sets, not just 2 gaskets. So this morning I went back to return a set and pick up some black engine paint. Looking at the receipt, I notice that the kid behind the counter did not charge me for the can of red engine paint that I got on the first trip. I go in and go to the counter and explain to the kid behind the counter the return and situation with the paint and that I want him to charge me for the other can of paint I got last weekend. He first stares at me like I have a tree growing out of my eye socket and finally, reluctantly agrees to charge me for the first can of paint. I realize most people these days would not do what I did but this is a local business that I use often and I want to continue to do business with and it seemed like the right thing and the only thing I could be comfortable with. I must be getting old....

Comment

Originally posted by kf7gth View Post
                So today I’m just cleaning up and painting accessories to put on the motor. Funny thing, last weekend I bought valve cover gaskets at NAPA and didn’t pay attention to the fact that I got 2 sets, not just 2 gaskets. So this morning I went back to return a set and pick up some black engine paint. Looking at the receipt, I notice that the kid behind the counter did not charge me for the can of red engine paint that I got on the first trip. I go in and go to the counter and explain to the kid behind the counter the return and situation with the paint and that I want him to charge me for the other can of paint I got last weekend. He first stares at me like I have a tree growing out of my eye socket and finally, reluctantly agrees to charge me for the first can of paint. I realize most people these days would not do what I did but this is a local business that I use often and I want to continue to do business with and it seemed like the right thing and the only thing I could be comfortable with. I must be getting old....
                Based on your experience, they won't be around long if this young kid is typical of the hired help. Many years ago I cashed a payroll check at a drive in bank and after pulling away I counted the money and was over paid $50. I thought about it but decided to drive back and again go thru the same lane. When I pulled up I explained why I was there and she very politely explained how they go thru multiple "safe guards" to avoid ever making a mistake. I said OK, have it your way and drove off with the extra funds. Love banks that never make mistakes.
                "Joint Venture" 1978 28' twin 2017 Vortec roller cam 383/6.3L 350hp engines - You name it, I've either replaced it, restored it, rebuilt it or repaired it. That's my job now that I'm retired.

Comment

Sad thing that honestly is viewed as the odd choice. Very sad...

Comment

Sad story indeed, unfortunately for many youngsters today, a job is something to fill a portion of the day. Customers are often just a bother they have to put up with. Has to drive employers crazy. Not much incentive or interest in learning much. So much opportunity for those who show a spark of interest or enthusiasm in their job.
                    As a new Army Lt, I dreaded pay days when I had to track down soldiers all over West Germany to disperse over $20,000 in cash payroll. The military system held the payroll officer personally responsible for any shortage. My payroll got carefully counted many times. I actually saw some payroll officers reach into their wallets to cover a shortage.
                    Banks must be different. ��
                    The cruise liner QE2 moves only six inches for each gallon of diesel fuel that it burns.

1982 28' Long Cabin "Molly Brown" sweating through a long hot summer. Massive California forest fires fill our sky with smoke. SUP paddlers and kayakers transit the harbor with abandon, thinking they have the right of way over all boats.

Comment

because with banks, it's not their money. It's someone elses.

Comment

One more step, substitute government for banks, and there you go ..........
                        How quickly we moved from gaskets and engine paint.
                        The cruise liner QE2 moves only six inches for each gallon of diesel fuel that it burns.

1982 28' Long Cabin "Molly Brown" sweating through a long hot summer. Massive California forest fires fill our sky with smoke. SUP paddlers and kayakers transit the harbor with abandon, thinking they have the right of way over all boats.

Comment

Working...
                        X