T Stat Temp?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T Stat Temp?

I am removing my antifreeze tank off to gat a hole fixed. It sets on top of the intake where the T Stat is located. My temp running in the SanJuans are on the top side of 160. No idea what temp the Stat is. If itís a 180 does that sound right?

Looking for proper stat temp for 350 with Edelbrock manifold and carb.

Thanks

More than likely its a 140. The will run hotter than the thermostat. I ran a 140 on my 350 and it would maintain 160-165 and when I dropped down to idle it go down to 140-145.

Comment

Is it fine to be running 165 cruising or would it be better hotter like 185 or so?

Comment

with a heat exchanger there is no reason to run it cooler, if you had raw water cooling then yes 160 the reason for that is salt water gets more corrosive the hotter it gets
        1980 2400 Cuddy I/O, 2017 Cummins 4BT coupled to a Volvo DP-SM with F9 Props, and a 2014 Mercury 15HP Pro-Kicker "LOOSE CHANGE"

Comment

Ok to be clear noluck should I keep it as is since I do have a heat exchanger or is it better to go hotter and if so what temp?

Thanks

Comment

the 180 is good
            1980 2400 Cuddy I/O, 2017 Cummins 4BT coupled to a Volvo DP-SM with F9 Props, and a 2014 Mercury 15HP Pro-Kicker "LOOSE CHANGE"

Comment

On a fresh water cooled engine it is best to keep it running as close to 180-190 as possible. They'll last longer and get better performance numbers including fuel mileage.
              "Joint Venture" 1978 28' twin 2017 Vortec roller cam 383/6.3L 350hp engines - You name it, I've either replaced it, restored it, rebuilt it or repaired it. That's my job now that I'm retired.

Comment

Thanks guys!!!

Comment

Another "T" stat question! The 301 has 3 bypass holes, the 308 does not. What would be the better stat for my GM 350?

I replaced the 180 with another and vague reads the same. I hit it with my Fluke temp reader and it was 180+, so sending unit (new) or gauge is off.

I just want a QUALITY stat as everything made is just junk these days and the "T" stat is kinda sorta important!!!

EMP/Stewart Components 301 - EMP Stewart High Performance Thermostats

Click here for more information about EMP/Stewart Components 301 - EMP Stewart High Performance Thermostats
                  Compare
                  Thermostat, 180 Degree, High-Flow, Copper/Steel, 3 Bypass Holes, Each

EMP/Stewart Components 308 - EMP Stewart High Performance Thermostats

Click here for more information about EMP/Stewart Components 308 - EMP Stewart High Performance Thermostats
                  Compare
                  Thermostat, 180 Degree, High-Flow, Copper/Steel, Each

Comment

Working...
                  X