Size:	208.3 KB
ID:	54298Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0805.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	177.8 KB
ID:	54300

Comment

that pod should work very nicely,
      1980 2400 Cuddy I/O, 2017 Cummins 4BT coupled to a Volvo DP-SM with F9 Props, and a 2014 Mercury 15HP Pro-Kicker "LOOSE CHANGE"

Comment

Does anybody believe it would be possible to have too much flotation in a bracket? Would it have an effect at planing speed?

Comment

makes them corky from what i understand
          1980 2400 Cuddy I/O, 2017 Cummins 4BT coupled to a Volvo DP-SM with F9 Props, and a 2014 Mercury 15HP Pro-Kicker "LOOSE CHANGE"

Comment

My belief is no and none.
            Nice job on your interior rebuild.
            The cruise liner QE2 moves only six inches for each gallon of diesel fuel that it burns.

1982 28' Long Cabin "Molly Brown" sweating through a long hot summer. Massive California forest fires fill our sky with smoke. SUP paddlers and kayakers transit the harbor with abandon, thinking they have the right of way over all boats.

Comment

Originally posted by karsten View Post
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]7587[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7586[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]7588[/ATTACH]still figuring out how to post pics
              Those cabinets and seats look familiar. Looks good I like how you set them up. That tank doesn't look that long. What are the dimensions? I've got a 76 gallon seems to be a similar setup.

Comment

Originally posted by karsten View Post
                Does anybody believe it would be possible to have too much flotation in a bracket? Would it have an effect at planing speed?
                Glaspys are narrow and tender, I have noticed that if someone moves from one side of the boat to the other I have to make a trim tab adjustment.... or tell em to get back in there seat and sit still....!
                In can be unnerving at 28 MPH. If you have bow steering you may need to get a prop with more "rake", that will help pick the bow up.
                Last edited by Akgramps; 08-13-2018, 10:50 PM.
                1982 2580 "HI-BOY " IN 2 DEEP 5.7LX ALPHA

Comment

Anyone run a ‘doel’ type fin on the cavitation plate of your I/O or OB , and does it make any difference in the stability on plane?
                  The cruise liner QE2 moves only six inches for each gallon of diesel fuel that it burns.

1982 28' Long Cabin "Molly Brown" sweating through a long hot summer. Massive California forest fires fill our sky with smoke. SUP paddlers and kayakers transit the harbor with abandon, thinking they have the right of way over all boats.

Comment

thanks gordo I am very happy with how they turned out as well. the tank is if I remember right 23x90x13 for about 115 gallons. socal thanks for the compliment it really turned out better than I thought it would now just need to get out using it so I can rebuild the WAR. I was thinking that flotation in the bracket would have little effect at planning speed as well but I am no marine architect that is for certain. thanks for all the thoughts please keep them coming.

Comment

Originally posted by Socal View Post
                      Anyone run a ‘doel’ type fin on the cavitation plate of your I/O or OB , and does it make any difference in the stability on plane?
                      The only thing I can offer is a friend 2 weeks ago installed one on his 70 hp, 17' skiff and immediately stopped his severe "porpoising" issue, but didn't make any difference in stability.

Comment

The only remedy may be is to take AKGramps command to ‘sit down and shut up’ one step further and make the crew fasten their seatbelts while underway.

Comment

so having now had the boat out several times what I first felt to be tippy and unstable is just a new different feeling ride. I am really enjoying the ride of the boat a lot! it is so smooth going through the water. loving it more and more with every trip out. right now I feel I may need some adjustment in the prop as I am currently running a solas luxor aluminum 15.5X17 and getting about 24mph at 4000rpm and about 40 mph at 6300rpm wide open. seems to me there may room for improvement there I am by no means in a hurry. was a little surprised to find the boat and trailer weighing in at 7000lbs together so kinda guessing the boat to weigh about 5500lbs is a little heavier than I thought it would be.
                          thanks to all for the help with everything over the past year I was really hoping to have it ready for the rendezvous this year but guess I will see you all next year. pics to come.
                          karsten

Comment

Now all you need is a nice KING salt water trailer!

Comment

Good marketing Cummins12!

Comment

Originally posted by Socal View Post
                                Good marketing Cummins12!

HA, does not hurt to try!

Comment

Working...
                                X