foaming under new floor?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• foaming under new floor?

hey im completely rebuilding the motor in my 19'6 hardtop gp. motors out tanks out. need to do a little fiberglass work on the stringers and cut some more wood out and replace. but it a foam stringer boat. there dry and overall in good shape. i have a aluminum tank. Im thinking nows a good time before i put the floor in to poor the foam, after its dried shave off the excess that way i know it all fills. ive seen the tab the floor in then drill holes and poor and i just dont like the idea of a bunch of holes in my new floor. also how much would i need didnt find where it listed how much a two gallon mix would make.

Thats how Id want to do it too. As far as how much volume the expanded foam would fill from a two-gallon mix, youd probably have to consult the information from the foam supplier.
    -- Tim Taylor

1979 Glasply 21-foot I/O Overnighter w/ 5.0L Volvo-Penta duoprop (Cardinal)
    1982 Glasply 16-foot runabout w/ 50hp Mercury OB (JV Junior)
    1978 Glasply 19-1/2 foot runabout, project boat (Beer Goggles)

You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.

Comment

When I was building stringers for my boat, I bought a 2 part kit from SPI in Tacoma that was two 5 gallon buckets. I would give them a call and see what they recommend and how far it would go with your project. Since the floor is up I would do it before laying it back down like you described. On other forums I have seen people shoving pool noodles down there .
      1981 Hardtop Cuddy Alaskan Bulkhead Rebuild Thread
      1972 HT Cuddy-Rebuild Thread
      8' 650cc Kawasaki powered dinghy

Comment

Originally posted by nova7163 View Post
        On other forums I have seen people shoving pool noodles down there.
        Or ping-pong balls!
        -- Tim Taylor

1979 Glasply 21-foot I/O Overnighter w/ 5.0L Volvo-Penta duoprop (Cardinal)
        1982 Glasply 16-foot runabout w/ 50hp Mercury OB (JV Junior)
        1978 Glasply 19-1/2 foot runabout, project boat (Beer Goggles)

You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.

Comment

thanks im going to check with spi!
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X