Trailer Value

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trailer Value

I am wondering what my trailer would be worth in the open market. I am thinking about buying a new King basically the same but with disk brakes and electric over hydraulic.

My current trailer is a 2000 King that fits my 23' GP nicely. I believe its a 7k or 8k and 28' long. The tires are GY "D" Endurance US Made, springs, brakes, bearings, brake lines and actuator all have no more that 1,000 miles. The lighting is all LED and wiring is all new. Safety chains are new also it has a nice Fulton winch. The fenders are new with a center support and are very solid.

I have replaced the wood portion of the bunks and added new slicks to them from King.

The trailer works great to unload and load. I am probably missing something.

Thoughts?

Since your trailer is in such nice condition, why not just up grade the brakes to what you want. The disc brake kits are easy to install and are a great price on line.

Comment

18ftTrophy's post echo my thoughts. See what a King trailer dealer will give you on a trade in and consider that a baseline value. It may be the same as the cost of the upgrade brake system you want.
      The cruise liner QE2 moves only six inches for each gallon of diesel fuel that it burns.

1982 28' Long Cabin "Molly Brown" sweating through a long hot summer. Massive California forest fires fill our sky with smoke. SUP paddlers and kayakers transit the harbor with abandon, thinking they have the right of way over all boats.

Comment

I have researched the cost of new axles/disk brakes etc. I am thinking for the money spent I would be better off with a new trailer and trading mine or selling out right.

Any opinions on it's current value?

Comment

$1500 to $2000
          1981 Hardtop Cuddy Alaskan Bulkhead Rebuild Thread
          1972 HT Cuddy-Rebuild Thread
          8' 650cc Kawasaki powered dinghy

Comment

Working...
          X