Look what I stumbled on

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look what I stumbled on

Cruising the interwebs under hotshot hauling and found this picture. Anyone know this boat?

Serious strap tie downs. Hope it’s headed to the bottom painter.
    The cruise liner QE2 moves only six inches for each gallon of diesel fuel that it burns.

1982 28' Long Cabin "Molly Brown" sweating through a long hot summer. Massive California forest fires fill our sky with smoke. SUP paddlers and kayakers transit the harbor with abandon, thinking they have the right of way over all boats.

Comment

I can't enlarge the photo Appella, can you see the name of the boat? Looks to be late model 28' with the blue hull strip.

Comment

Originally posted by Socal View Post
        Serious strap tie downs. Hope it’s headed to the bottom painter.
        At least it will stay on the trailer unlike this one. This is why you always run back straps.

Comment

That boat name, if you are referring to the side panel of the fly bridge, appears to be an 8-lettered name beginning with what looks like Ag. As in: Agxxxxxx. Only not that.

BTW, that Dodge looks like it held up surprisingly well. Those things are built so light (really thin sheet metal) that you see crumpled tailgates and beds all the time. Coming home from the airport just today, the truck next to mine was a perfect example. Heck, a bird landing hard on the cab would almost do what that boat did!

That’s GOT to be photoshopped anyway. No boat is going to do that no matter how hard you brake. Am I wrong?
          -- Tim Taylor

1979 Glasply 21-foot I/O Overnighter w/ 5.0L Volvo-Penta duoprop (Cardinal)
          1982 Glasply 16-foot runabout w/ 50hp Mercury OB (JV Junior)
          1978 Glasply 19-1/2 foot runabout, project boat (Beer Goggles)

I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.

Comment

That would be one heck of a photoshop. Here is the story with more pics https://www.motor1.com/news/258331/b...towing-it/amp/ It also almost happened to me with the 28 coming back from Bremerton rendezvous. Some jackwagon cut over and dynamited the brakes on the interchange of 16 and I5. The 28 slid about 6” bending the winch stand like a pretzel. I now run 2 more straps midship and run 2 out back where before I was just doing front and back with 1 strap each.
            Last edited by jjc23; 10-06-2018, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Holy crap, JJC! Did you ever manage to pull the seat cover out of your hind end after that?!?!

Call me a skeptic. With all the talented millennials out there photoshopping amazing things, I guess I just get tired of being duped and end up not trusting anything I see! Call me cynical too, I guess!
              -- Tim Taylor

1979 Glasply 21-foot I/O Overnighter w/ 5.0L Volvo-Penta duoprop (Cardinal)
              1982 Glasply 16-foot runabout w/ 50hp Mercury OB (JV Junior)
              1978 Glasply 19-1/2 foot runabout, project boat (Beer Goggles)

I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.

Comment

Working...
              X