No announcement yet.

Ford dealership

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry to hear that mike, I was hoping you found a good one. Same thing happend to me, except I flew to Seattle to see it. Turned out it was nothing like the owner said. I couldn't even test drive it because the wipers didn't work.
    And it was yellow as well!
    Attached Files

Comment

• sorry Mike, too good to be true
      1980 2400 Cuddy I/O, 2017 Cummins 4BT coupled to a Volvo DP-SM with F9 Props, and a 2014 Mercury 15HP Pro-Kicker "LOOSE CHANGE"

Comment

• Have you seen this one yet?
        https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/h...556354948.html

Comment

• That’s craigslist, win some lose some. If you want to find the good one you’ve got to be prepared to walk away. Thanks for making me feel better with a story that’s worse, haha.

I have eyeballed that one. I’d prefer the larger big block though and it sitting for 5 years and being sold by an intermediate are both flags for being disappointed. At least that one looks like the 4v instead of 2v

Comment

• Id look at this one https://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/c...543459674.html it’s been posted for awhile now which their maybe a reason for but I’d take 4,500 cash and see what they say. Plus the 5.9 is great power plant.

Comment

• I had passed over that one as I’d read the 5.9 was a little underpowered, but it can’t be worse than the 7.3 I was looking at. Is this the vintage that has the killer dowel pin or is that just trucks?

Just drove past it yesterday, haha

Edit: sent the guy an email with some questions. I'm a little concerned that one will be bigger than I want though

Found this one too, funky bed and automatic but it's a new body style f450 with a v10. Just how much of a liability is the automatic in these trucks?
              https://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/c...552220955.html
              Last edited by theremikegoes; 04-15-2018, 06:34 PM.

Comment

• https://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/c...552220955.html

Any reason I shouldn't call this guy and buy it? 80k miles and price dropped to 4750 for a 99 v10 with a weird box.

Comment

• I aw that one too and though it might work for you.

Comment

• New "beefed up" trans 2 years ago with receipts, original owner. He should have put that in the ad... this one's my next target.

Comment

• that is a hauler deck, they sell for good money
                      1980 2400 Cuddy I/O, 2017 Cummins 4BT coupled to a Volvo DP-SM with F9 Props, and a 2014 Mercury 15HP Pro-Kicker "LOOSE CHANGE"

Comment

• Originally posted by noluck View Post
                        that is a hauler deck, they sell for good money
                        Looks like this hauler bed might be home made out of plywood? Truck looks to be in pretty good shape, not sure how much power the V10 has, but low miles.
                        Bill V could tell you more about that engine.

Comment

• Yeah, hopefully I can get a decent dollar for it but the wood is odd for an otherwise decent looking bed. I'm thinking it was converted from a tow truck bed. Engine is supposedly reliable with the exception of occasional spit spark plugs and exhaust studs that. Power... I think slightly better than 460's which I was already considering.

Comment

• take the wood off and get some aluminum checker plate

Comment

• It would definitely look better with aluminum diamond plate, and I agree that it looks like it was converted from a tow truck.

Comment

• I may have already started shopping for a used flat bed... my 5k cap is probably blown but this truck is far newer and lower use than I'd expected to be able to look at. Famous last words, now I'll show up and it'll have a few spark plugs chuffing their way out of the block, a transmission covered in oil, and bald checked tires.

Comment

Working...
                                X