Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 rendezvous planning

2013, 2014 & 2015 LD Award Recipient Mr. Smee's Avatar
    Actually, that question has never been asked! I hereby make the rule that a boat can enter as many libations as it wants to, but the drinks can't be made by the same person. If you have an entry, other entries from your boat will have to be prepared by a different crew member.
    2013, 2014 & 2015 LD Award Recipient, and Unquestioned World Record Holder for Longest Tow to the Glasply Rendezvous, THREE years running

Alright, ye swabs. You might as well give up on any hopes of winning this year's Master Mixologist Award, because I have come up with a concoction that will make your Jolly Roger sit up and salute. I call it "Pirate's Blood," and, arrgh, it be tasty!

But -- if ye want to challenge, I need to know who you are and the name of your beverage so I can make the contest scorecards. I've published the rules, but if you have any questions, don't hesitate to let me know.

And hey -- if you're waffling about joining us in Anacortes, get off your (ottoman) and sign up! It's a guaranteed good time, and you'll be exposed to all sorts of beneficial information and GlasPly lore. And take off, hosers -- to date we do not have any Canadians on the attendance list. Come on down, yo! The exchange rate is somewhat improved for you, and hey -- the first round's on me anyway. Seriously, we'd love to have Canucks in attendance, with or without boat. You will be touched to know that I actually know the words to "O Canada," and, prompted by a few Molsons, might just belt it out.

Tempus fugit, folks, so let's get not dawdle! More about the Rendezvous coming soon.
    2013, 2014 & 2015 LD Award Recipient, and Unquestioned World Record Holder for Longest Tow to the Glasply Rendezvous, THREE years running

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smee View Post
    I've published the rules, but if you have any questions, don't hesitate to let me know.
    Rules? Aren't they more like...suggestions, matey?
    -- Tim Taylor

1979 Glasply 21-foot I/O Overnighter w/ 5.0L Volvo-Penta duoprop (Cardinal)
    1980 Glasply 19-1/2 foot hardtop cuddy w/ a fresh Mercruiser 470 (Chopstick)
    1980 Glasply 19-1/2 foot hardtop cuddy, soon to be with kf7gth (Chopstick II)
    1982 Glasply 16-foot runabout w/ 50hp Mercury OB (JV Junior)
    1986 Glasply 8-1/2 foot dinghy (presently unpowered & unnamed) SOLD!
    1978 Glasply 19-1/2 foot runabout w/ Mercruiser 470 (Beer Goggles)

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure.

Have we become so formal that we need rules? Next thing you know we will demand campaign time, equal TV time, primary elections, more campaign time, then the final elections (if the Russians don't hack into the system).
    Have a happy and safe 4th of July.
    "Few men during their lifetime come anywhere near exhausting the resources dwelling within them. There are deep wells of strength that are never used". Richard Byrd, naval officer and explorer
    1982 28' Long Cabin "Molly Brown" enjoying the late summer sun on Trinidad Island

Nay. Rules is rules, ye swab. Without them we'd descend into anarchy.

So again, here're the rules for the Mixology Competition:

1) Your beverage should be mixed and ready to pour at the outset of the competition at 1730; it's best to have it in a pitcher or suitable container so you can pour quickly.

2) You'll need to make enough to serve about 20 people; not a full drink, though, just a taste will do. Dixie cups will be provided.

3) Your beverage should have a name, either a well-known cocktail appellation or one you've made up. The only restriction on your recipe is that you must have mixed your drink: it can't come right out of a bottle or can. You should be prepared to let people know your ingredients if asked (in case someone's allergic to chocolate or pineapple or whatever).

4) Those who volunteer to be tasters will get a scorecard on which they'll give each drink a rating. At the end we'll total up the results, and the winner will get this year's Master Mixologist award!

5) If you intend to compete please let me know the name of your drink so I can put you on the scorecard.

Bear down, and sign up!

-- Tim Taylor

Well, mates, the sign-up sheet for the upcoming Rendezvous in Anacortes has not changed in weeks. To date we have 10 boats or attendees without boats registered. Are we going to have an intimate little gathering? That would be fun, but I'm hoping for a larger crew. I need to let Cap Sante know how many boats we'll have and their lengths by August 7, so if you're dithering about registering, cut it out: just do it!

On Saturday afternoon about 1600 we're going to hear a little talk by Jake Corbin, proprietor of Corbin Custom Upholstery, who'll give us tips for vinyl care and explain what commercial products are good and not good for our vinyl. Jake did Bubba G's interior, and comes highly recommended. After a Q/A with Jake, we'll have a chat about environmental concerns, and talk about proper fueling techniques, environmentally sound products, etc.

About 1700 we'll break so the Mixology contestants can prepare, and then we'll reconvene at 1730 for the Mixology Competition. If you're planning to enter, please let me know so I can get you on the scorecard.

Following the competition, as I cradle the Mixology Prize and pose for photos, Grillmeister Aaron will fire up the barbie and we'll swing into dinner. Laissez les bon temps rouler!

Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any questions about the GlasPly Rendezvous -- the cost, the sign-up procedure, the schedule, etc. -- or if you have questions about Anacortes, Cap Sante Marina, Binford's peccadilloes, or anything else. I am taking the boat up to the Sacramento Delta for the first week in August and may not be able to respond during that time, but I will be back by August 5 in time to meet Cap Sante's deadline for our registration.

I hope to see you at the Rendezvous!

Yeah, hey.... I have a question: What the heck is a peccadillo? Something like this maybe?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	peccadillo.JPEG 
Views:	0 
Size:	77.6 KB 
ID:	5879

If you're planning to attend the Rendezvous, this is the time to let Mr. Smee know as he really does have to let the marina staff know how many slips we need so they can release the rest at this rather busy time of year for them!

Hope to see you there!
    -- Tim Taylor

sending a cheque today, i need 27' of dock

Excellent, eh! Our first Canadian!