Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My "new" Blue Glasply 19 hardtop

So we fired her up and she runs just fine, however when I put her in the water the electric trim only worked upwards not downwards, back to the mechanic, sigh.......

Faintly recall you have to push center button along with bottom button to lower drive.
    "Few men during their lifetime come anywhere near exhausting the resources dwelling within them. There are deep wells of strength that are never used". Richard Byrd, naval officer and explorer
    1982 28' Long Cabin "Molly Brown" enjoying the late summer sun on Trinidad Island

Socal is right as always.

I believe that's the other way around...middle button to raise the power trim so one cannot inadvertently raise it under way. No harm running it down to its extreme underway though.

You got it right Binford.
    1978 Glasply 21ft 5.7l Mercruiser R drive "Sandi's Surprise"
    1981 Glasply 17ft 70hp Johnson & 9.8hp Nissan kicker "Skunked"

Thanks all for the help.

Middle button says on it up and out position, and that make sense to me raises it to the top position for trailering. The issue I have is that I cant get the leg down, when pushing the bottom button: Background here is that when I came to get the boat the leg would not come up. So the apprentice mechanic switched the hydraulic hoses at the pump, and then it came up no problem, I think he might have neglected to try if it would come down....

Here is a picture of the control.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	$_57cs.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	171.9 KB 
ID:	6035

Mine wouldn't go down until I topped off the reservoir and cycled it a few times. It did go up though before topping off.
    1978 Glasply 21ft 5.7l Mercruiser R drive "Sandi's Surprise"
    1981 Glasply 17ft 70hp Johnson & 9.8hp Nissan kicker "Skunked"

Quote Originally Posted by Socal View Post
    Faintly recall you have to push center button along with bottom button to lower drive.
    Yup, had this system originally on our 23' with the original 233 Merc. Did have an issue with our newer Cobra after anchoring and raising the outdrive. It wouldn't cycle back down. I opened the fill port on the reservoir, small exit of air came out, then the unit cycled fine. Topped off the reservoir once at home. Our mechanic told us this happens occasionally and suggested once you lift the outdrive all the way up for trailering or anchoring stern into shore (shallow water) to tap the the down button for a split second so the drive unit isn't jammed all the way up. Seems to work doing this.