Thread: Fun provided by Glasply

Fun provided by Glasply

Put together a short video consolidating some pictures, a few clips, etc. Most of it wouldn't be possible with out my glasply!!!!

https://vimeo.com/221105395

Thanks for sharing the video. Makes me want to take my Glasply up there.
    1972 HT Cuddy-Rebuild Thread
    8' 650cc Kawasaki powered dinghy

Patrick,

Great video, thanks for sharing.
    "Be decisive. Right or wrong, make a decision. The road of life is paved with flat squirrels who couldn't make a decision" *Unknown*
    __________________________________________________ ______________
    1982 28' Long Cabin "Molly Brown" enjoying the summer sun and standup paddleboarders on Trinidad Island

Very well done, beautiful country.
    "Joint Venture" 1978 28' twin 2017 Vortec roller cam 383/6.3L 350hp engines - You name it, I've either replaced it, rebuilt it or repaired it. That's my job now that I'm retired.

Great video.
    1985 24' Marauder
    1981 17' runabout

Thanks for sharing.
    Boat=Bust out another thousand
    1973 19' Glasply HT 140 Mercruiser- procrastinating ongoing rebuild
    1985 2200 Glasply HT Marauder 5 L

2013, 2014 & 2015 LD Award Recipient Mr. Smee's Avatar
    Extraordinarily well-done! Like a pro! I've never been to Alaska, but now more than ever it's on my list.

My daughter has fallen in love with Marlee.
    2013, 2014 & 2015 LD Award Recipient, and Unquestioned World Record Holder for Longest Tow to the Glasply Rendezvous, THREE years running

That was awesome! I keep teasing Jennifer that we're moving to Wrangell. If I show her that video, she might just want to go with me!

So on the video at 2:12 or so, you show a bunch of small fish on a dehydrator rack. Was that what I thought it was? And why would you be dehydrating them? Something Thai I suppose?
    -- Tim Taylor

1979 Glasply 21-foot I/O Overnighter w/ 5.0L Volvo-Penta duoprop (Cardinal)
    1980 Glasply 19-1/2 foot hardtop cuddy w/ a fresh Mercruiser 470 (Chopstick)
    1980 Glasply 19-1/2 foot hardtop cuddy, soon to be with kf7gth (Chopstick II)
    1982 Glasply 16-foot runabout w/ 50hp Mercury OB (JV Junior)
    1986 Glasply 8-1/2 foot dinghy (presently unpowered & unnamed)
    1978 Glasply 19-1/2 foot runabout w/ Mercruiser 470 (Beer Goggles)

I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not so sure.

Thanks Binford, those small fish are called Hooligan, or Candlefish, a type of pacific smelt that run up the Stikine River. we give them a quick brine in some salty water, dehydrate them for a few hours, then fry them in some hot oil, or give them a quick bake in the oven, they come out crispy, full of oil, quite tasty. There are some videos on YouTube of dip netting Hooligan. My wife is Thai, and she loves small fish. Some people smoke them, they are pretty popular and were a very important food source for the native tribal population back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smee View Post
    Extraordinarily well-done! Like a pro! I've never been to Alaska, but now more than ever it's on my list.

My daughter has fallen in love with Marlee.
    Marlee is the favorite with the neighborhood kids, we've got three girls in the neighborhood that pretty much stop by daily to play for 15-30 minutes, Marlee loves kids!!.they like to run her through the list of tricks we've been working on.