Thread: Tires

Tires

I couldn't find any threads about who likes what tire for their trailer so here I am.
    My trailer takes 205/75/15. There are so many brands out there my head spin(spins all the time any way).
    Soooo what do you all recommend?
    1978 Glasply 21ft 5.7l Mercruiser R drive "Sandi's Surprise"
    1981 Glasply 17ft 70hp Johnson & 9.8hp Nissan kicker "Skunked"

99.9% of all trailer tires are made in china ST = slow trailer.

If you go on a RV forum you'll see nothing but complaints about STs.... Lots of people are changing over to LT tires Light truck tires...... Made in USA.

I know this does not answer your question in any way just adds more to the head spinning.

Type of tire is more important. You definitely want an ST tire as they have stronger sidewalls than a standard tire.

When I can, I try to stay away from Chinese brands for my vehicles, but it's almost impossible for trailer tires. I currently have Trail America tires and the seem to ride well; no bounce or sway. Goodyear came out with a US made trailer tire early this year called the Endurance.
    1978 17' Runabout - AQ120B/270
    1978 23' Cuddy

User, do you rum LT tires? I posted before I saw your post
    1978 17' Runabout - AQ120B/270
    1978 23' Cuddy

I have e range truck tires on my trailer.

Thanks guys, good to know about the Chinese st tires. I do know trailer tires are different than vehicle tires.
    I will be looking for U.S. made tires.
    This forum is great.
    1978 Glasply 21ft 5.7l Mercruiser R drive "Sandi's Surprise"
    1981 Glasply 17ft 70hp Johnson & 9.8hp Nissan kicker "Skunked"

GoodYear has came out with a new USA Made trailer tire. From what i have read it sounds like a quality ST tire.

New Endurance features Durawall Technology

AKRON, Ohio, January 30, 2017 – For years, hobbyists who tow boats, jet skis and snowmobiles to recreational destinations have asked for an American-manufactured trailer tire to help carry their cargo with confidence. Millions of workers who haul equipment from job to job have echoed that desire.

The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company has answered that call with the new Endurance trailer tire, which was unveiled this week during Goodyear’s 2017 Customer Conference in Orlando, Fla.

“Goodyear is proud and excited to introduce the Endurance, the only radial special trailer tire built in the United States,” said Ryan Patterson, president of Goodyear’s North American consumer tire business.

A tire capable of transporting the heaviest and most crucial cargo, The Goodyear Endurance features Goodyear Durawall Technology, which helps resist sidewall cuts and punctures.

Available in Load Ranges D and E to accommodate larger trailer load capacities, the entire Endurance trailer line carries the N speed rating allowing consumers to travel at highway speeds. The Endurance also contains a wide range of features, including:

An optimized tread depth and decoupling groove, which help it remain cool while towing heavy loads;
    Rugged fabric-steel construction, which offers improved durability and carrying capacity while remaining compatible with tire pressure monitoring systems and typical tire inflation stations;
    A specialized inner liner, which minimizes air loss in trailer applications; and
    A scuff guard, which helps protect sidewalls.

In addition to introducing the new Endurance, Goodyear has unveiled a brand new, special trailer size: ST 255/85R16. The Endurance is the only tire on the market available in that size.

“The launch of the Goodyear Endurance is an exciting development for consumers who want a durable, domestically manufactured tire that they can trust to carry their important cargo,” said Patterson. “Goodyear is proud to meet this need with the new Endurance.”

Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 66,000 people and manufactures its products in 48 facilities in 21 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio, and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg, strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonfast View Post
    I have e range truck tires on my trailer.
    Wow.. 10ply, you can turn those into rocks 85psi max cold